Author Topic: Problems?  (Read 912 times)

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
  • Divínum auxílium ✝ máneat semper nobíscum
Problems?
« on: October 14, 2017, 10:42:42 AM »
If you encounter any problems with the forum, please post them here!  All the testing occurred in Firefox so that is the browser I recommend, but I know other people may have a preferred browser.  Please be sure to indicate your browser when posting your problem.
I wear it for a memorable honor,
For I am Welsh, you know, good countryman.

TKGS

Re: Problems?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 12:49:26 PM »
I practiced with the quote function on my intro topic.  Take a look.  The original text wraps, but the quoted text does not and there is a left-right scroll bar in the quote.  This will become extremely difficult.  Can you make the text of quotes wrap so that it looks mostly like the original text?

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 12:51:31 PM »
I practiced with the quote function on my intro topic.  Take a look.  The original text wraps, but the quoted text does not and there is a left-right scroll bar in the quote.  This will become extremely difficult.  Can you make the text of quotes wrap so that it looks mostly like the original text?

Yeah, that's no good.  Will definitely need to fix that.  What browser are you using?

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 01:13:03 PM »
Fixed! 

You may have to do a hard refresh to see changes take place.  Press ctrl+f5

GPRW

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 12:29:34 AM »
If you encounter any problems with the forum, please post them here!  All the testing occurred in Firefox so that is the browser I recommend, but I know other people may have a preferred browser.  Please be sure to indicate your browser when posting your problem.

First of all, by "please post them here", do you mean to reply in this thread, or to start a thread in this sub-forum/section?

And here is my question: Is it possible to change my username? Currently my user name is "GPRW", but I want to change a little bit. (This is not a big problem for me, though, since my new username, if possible, will still be somehow related to GPRW.)

GPRW

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 12:41:41 AM »

Also, how can I know if someone had replied to me? For example, you replied to my first post in "Introduction" sub-forum, but I never saw it, until I manually went back to that post.

GottmitunsAlex

• Magister Hospitalis Domus Sanctae Mariae Teutonicorum Hierosolymitani
  • TTF Novice
  • Bisch fliche Gnaden,Bischof Franz Justus Rarkowski
    • Youtube
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 12:55:03 AM »

Also, how can I know if someone had replied to me? For example, you replied to my first post in "Introduction" sub-forum, but I never saw it, until I manually went back to that post.
Go to Profile---Forum Profile----Modify Profile (Black button underneath profile menu)--- Notifications--- then just check "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic." Then just click on "Save settings."

BTW, Welcome to the forum!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 12:57:00 AM by GottmitunsAlex »
"As the head of the Church, I cannot answer you otherwise: The Jews have not recognized Our Lord; therefore we cannot recognize the Jewish people." -Pope St. Pius X

"No Jew adores God! Who say so?  The Son of God say so."-St. John Chrysostom

GPRW

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 01:52:01 AM »

Go to Profile---Forum Profile----Modify Profile (Black button underneath profile menu)--- Notifications--- then just check "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic." Then just click on "Save settings."

BTW, Welcome to the forum!

Thank you so much! Happy to see we have a new forum!

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 08:50:46 AM »

Also,

Toward the top left, underneath where it says "Hello Username" there are two links. The first is "show unread posts since last visit" and if you click that, you'll get a feed of ALL threads with new replies. If you click on "show new replies to your posts" you'll get a feed of ALL new posts in threads where you've participated.

2Vermont

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2017, 07:31:53 AM »
Fixed! 

You may have to do a hard refresh to see changes take place.  Press ctrl+f5

Not for me.  I use Chrome.
"Anything, but sedevacantism"

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)