Author Topic: Problems?  (Read 949 times)

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
  • Divínum auxílium ✝ máneat semper nobíscum
Re: Problems?
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2017, 08:42:36 AM »
Fixed! 

You may have to do a hard refresh to see changes take place.  Press ctrl+f5

Not for me.  I use Chrome.

What is actually the problem?
I wear it for a memorable honor,
For I am Welsh, you know, good countryman.

2Vermont

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2017, 08:49:21 AM »
Fixed! 

I still don't have proper quote wrapping.....
"Anything, but sedevacantism"

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2017, 08:54:08 AM »
Fixed! 

Oh, got it!

Can you do a hard reset (Ctrl+f5) and also ensure that your chrome is updated?  Try clearing your cache and cookies too.

I am highly confident that will work. The quote wrapping problem was due to some code editing that I did prior to launch and forgot to change-- now that I've changed it, the problem on TTF's end is resolved. I *have* tested it in Chrome and found it (quote wrapping) to work. I think your browser is probably just pulling an old cached version, ergo the reason it's still not working for you.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

2Vermont

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 09:09:55 AM »
Fixed! 

Oh, got it!

Can you do a hard reset (Ctrl+f5) and also ensure that your chrome is updated?  Try clearing your cache and cookies too.

I am highly confident that will work. The quote wrapping problem was due to some code editing that I did prior to launch and forgot to change-- now that I've changed it, the problem on TTF's end is resolved. I *have* tested it in Chrome and found it (quote wrapping) to work. I think your browser is probably just pulling an old cached version, ergo the reason it's still not working for you.

I have no idea how to do this.  I tried to do a Ctrl F5 and all that happened was my screen disappeared for a second.

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2017, 09:13:04 AM »
Fixed! 

Oh, got it!

I have no idea how to do this.  I tried to do a Ctrl F5 and all that happened was my screen disappeared for a second.
If the hard refresh (Ctrl+f5) didn't resolve the problem, just follow the steps described here to clear cache and cookies:

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/32050?hl=en-GB

2Vermont

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2017, 09:19:16 AM »
Clearing your browser’s cache and cookies means that website settings (like usernames and passwords) will be deleted and some sites might appear to be a little slower because all of the images have to be loaded again.

So clearing cache and cookies sounds like this will remove my passwords, etc from my computer.  Not sure I like that option.   Does Internet Explorer work better for this forum?

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2017, 09:26:42 AM »
Clearing your browser’s cache and cookies means that website settings (like usernames and passwords) will be deleted and some sites might appear to be a little slower because all of the images have to be loaded again.

So clearing cache and cookies sounds like this will remove my passwords, etc from my computer.  Not sure I like that option.   Does Internet Explorer work better for this forum?
I've not tested in IE, mainly because it's generally terrible even at it's best and very few people use it.  You're welcome to try!

But we're optimized for Firefox, so if you don't want to clear cache/cookies, I'd go for Firefox instead.

TKGS

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2017, 02:52:58 PM »
I've not tested in IE, mainly because it's generally terrible even at it's best and very few people use it.  You're welcome to try!

But we're optimized for Firefox, so if you don't want to clear cache/cookies, I'd go for Firefox instead.

I second this.  I've found that for certain websites, Firefox seems to work better than Chrome--and the Trad Forum is one of them. 

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2017, 10:57:29 AM »
Regarding the quote formatting and the lack of text wrap:

While traveling over the last week, I logged into TTF a few times from my mom's computer.  I noticed that the quote problem existed.

So, a few tips if you run into the quote problem:

1) Remember that we're optimized for Firefox!  You're free to use whatever browser you like, but Firefox will be the best.

2) In either event, do a hard refresh by pressing ctrl+f5.  This will usually solve the problem and no further action required.

3) If doing a hard refresh doesn't resolve the issue, clear your cache and cookies.  If you're unsure how to do this, simply google "clear cache and cookies for [browser name, e.g. Chrome, Safari, etc.].  N.B.: this will clear any passwords/usernames you had saved in your browser, so you'll have to log back in to TTF, gmail, and wherever else you go.

3.1) You may have to do a hard refresh again if after clearing cache and cookies the problem persists.

The lack of quote wrapping *is* resolved on TTF's end.  But please let us know if you follow all these steps and the problem still persists.

GPRW

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2017, 01:01:45 PM »
What does it mean to be "single (available)" and single (not available)" in the new profile settings?