Author Topic: Problems?  (Read 937 times)

GPRW

Re: Problems?
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2017, 09:08:41 PM »
If you encounter any problems with the forum, please post them here!  All the testing occurred in Firefox so that is the browser I recommend, but I know other people may have a preferred browser.  Please be sure to indicate your browser when posting your problem.
Do we have a draft function? I believe this will be great.

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
  • Divínum auxílium ✝ máneat semper nobíscum
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2017, 10:09:23 PM »
What exactly do you mean?  There is a preview function.  Or are you looking for something to "save" a post mid-composition so that you can return to it later?
I wear it for a memorable honor,
For I am Welsh, you know, good countryman.

GPRW

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2017, 10:14:47 PM »
What exactly do you mean?  There is a preview function.  Or are you looking for something to "save" a post mid-composition so that you can return to it later?
Yes, I mean to save a draft so that I can return later and finish and post it.

TKGS

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2017, 07:58:03 AM »
Yes, I mean to save a draft so that I can return later and finish and post it.
I would recommend simply copying your post and saving it to a word document file on your computer.  You can even draft your posts and later copy and paste to the forum.

The problem with a draft function would be the accidental posting of an unfinished manuscript.

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2017, 09:12:24 AM »
I'm not a huge fan of the idea, for the reason that TKGS mentioned, and also for server space (I know text files are tiny but we're here for the longhaul and I don't want to run into a situation in the future where we need to clear server space and have to delete a bunch of people's drafts).

We'll keep it in mind, though.  But here's what I like to do.  The problem with just copying into word is that you have to save (if you turn the PC off) and maybe even develop something of a folder structure.  Instead, if you paste into Google Docs it'll auto save without needing to name or organize the file.

Also, another tip: if anyone here ever begins to compose in word but hates having to add all the BBC tags once you paste it into SMF, you can paste whatever you composed in Word into Google docs and if you have this plugin: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bbcode-export/abodoibdmjifigioiniaklfjblgmjahg?hl=en-GB you can convert the Word formatting to BBC formatting with the click of a button.  Very nice.

Lynne

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2017, 07:40:12 AM »
I'm curious if there will be an "ignore" feature?

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2017, 10:30:41 AM »

There already is!

Go to Profile> Modify Profile> Buddies/Ignore List> Edit Ignore List

Lynne

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2017, 11:24:22 AM »

There already is!

Go to Profile> Modify Profile> Buddies/Ignore List> Edit Ignore List

Great, thanks!