Author Topic: My name is Adrian and I am a Catholic.  (Read 346 times)

lepantoh

My name is Adrian and I am a Catholic.
« on: November 02, 2017, 04:54:18 PM »
Hi Everyone from the waste land that is Los Angeles. Truly this is the valley of darkness.

Trying to learn more about practicing traditional Catholicism. Currently I attend a NO parish and occasionally FSSP masses. I am not attracted to the FSSP just because of the latin, my hope is that they are trying to actually practice what the faith teaches.

I have been reading some sedevacantist writings lately to see if that makes sense?

Thanks for letting me share!

a

The following users thanked this post: Mithrandylan, Nick

GPRW

Re: My name is Adrian and I am a Catholic.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 04:56:59 PM »
Hi Everyone from the waste land that is Los Angeles. Truly this is the valley of darkness.

Trying to learn more about practicing traditional Catholicism. Currently I attend a NO parish and occasionally FSSP masses. I am not attracted to the FSSP just because of the latin, my hope is that they are trying to actually practice what the faith teaches.

I have been reading some sedevacantist writings lately to see if that makes sense?

Thanks for letting me share!

a
Welcome! Please do not hesitate to share or ask any questions!

The following users thanked this post: lepantoh

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
  • Divínum auxílium ✝ máneat semper nobíscum
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 05:01:43 PM »
Great to have you, Adrian!

Yes, please don't hesitate to lurk around, ask questions, and make comments! 

:tablecheers:
I wear it for a memorable honor,
For I am Welsh, you know, good countryman.

Mysterium Fidei

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 05:10:58 PM »
Welcome to the forum. It's a new forum, so there's not a lot of posting history so don't hesitate to ask questions.

The following users thanked this post: Mithrandylan, lepantoh

Barbara

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 05:18:07 PM »
Hi Adrian, I lived in LA for many years, under the reign of terror of Roger Mahony. Despite him, I found the true Faith while in LA, through just what you are doing, joining Catholic discussion forums.

If I lived there now, I would attend Queen of Angels in Santa Clarita. Occasionally I send Mass stipends there, and Fr. Radecki has always responded graciously. His contact info is at the bottom of the page. www.queenofangelscatholicchurch.org

Mother of God, pray for us sinners.

The following users thanked this post: TKGS, Mysterium Fidei, MyrnaM, lepantoh

2Vermont

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 06:04:32 PM »
Good to see you made it to our forum Adrian.  I see you are the same poster who posted this thread on CI:

https://www.cathinfo.com/crisis-in-the-church/i-am-considering-sedevacantism/

but you never returned to it.  I do hope you will be more active here.
"Anything, but sedevacantism"

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)

The following users thanked this post: Nick, lepantoh

MyrnaM

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 06:25:18 PM »
Hi Adrian, I lived in LA for many years, under the reign of terror of Roger Mahony. Despite him, I found the true Faith while in LA, through just what you are doing, joining Catholic discussion forums.

If I lived there now, I would attend Queen of Angels in Santa Clarita. Occasionally I send Mass stipends there, and Fr. Radecki has always responded graciously. His contact info is at the bottom of the page. www.queenofangelscatholicchurch.org

Yes, for sure Fr. Dominic Radecki a long time ago when I lived in Santa Clarita, I found the traditional faith by attending a talk given by Fr. Denis R.I.P.  I knew it was the truth and at that time we did not have a church but rented a house in Granada Hills near Northridge.  Later our group grew and we saved our pennies and bought that little Church, Queen of Angels.  I was a realtor at that time and was the agent that closed the deal. 
Myforever.blog/blog

Nick

• In necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus caritas.
  • TTF Novice
  • Memento Mori
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 07:39:59 PM »
Welcome Adrian ( fellow catholic ),

"lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi"

Great tagline, Love It !

That's what got my journey started as well.

Keep on searching, the rabbit hole goes deeper than we know.
Don't be afraid to ask any sincere questions here, we have no 'stubborn ' folks from C.I. Here ATM, and the admin and mods are very reliable. I've lurked after their posts on other forums for many years.   :cig:  :beer:
"Now when [a pope] is explicitly a heretic, he falls ipso facto from his dignity and out of the Church, and the Church must either deprive him, or, as some say, declare him deprived, of his Apostolic See, and must say as St. Peter did: Let another take his bishopric.".      St. Francis de Sales.

lepantoh

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2017, 11:15:33 PM »
Thanks everyone for your warm welcome! Looking forward to making some sense of the state of the church as it is in 2017. Yes, it is a rabbit hole for sure, God help us!

a

2Vermont

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 02:58:20 PM »
Lepantoh,

I see you have still not returned to the CI thread I posted above.  The poster Neil Obstat just posted this:

Curiously, Lepanto -- er, lepantoh, has made just this one post, starting this thread, and has not returned for 3 weeks.
It appears the overt rancor and manifest discontent demonstrated by the sede members here convinced lepantoh he should avoid that crowd. If misery loves company, those who prefer peace and prayer find other digs.
He is not looking for anger, misery, contentiousness, argument, insults, derision and ad hominems.
He's looking for environs resembling what his Catholic ancestors experienced and now he sees that's not to be found in sedevacantism.
You can hardly blame lepantoh for not coming back to this thread.

Given you have decided to join this mostly sedevacantist forum, it seems to me that you have an obligation to return to that thread and tell others that what Neil wrote was absolutely false.
"Anything, but sedevacantism"

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)

The following users thanked this post: Rubecorks, annamack