Author Topic: Diets and Fasting  (Read 367 times)

Kayla_veronica

Re: Diets and Fasting
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2017, 08:09:20 PM »
There seems to be such a variance in what works for different people. I know there's a huge difference between men and women when it comes to dieting. There are also certain medical issues that call for a specific diet. I have never been able to stick to any specific diet. If it's not Lent, it seems my willpower is non-existant.

I think too much sugar is the main factor when dealing with weight issues for most people. It's in nearly everything! Especially low-fat, "diet," foods. I've attempted one round of Whole 30 to kill my sugar/carb cravings, but I was not successful. Hoping to try again soon.

2Vermont

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 03:15:26 PM »
I suspect that most of you haven't reached that age when the metabolism naturally starts to decline  which makes it harder to maintain any weight loss.  I am finding that whatever I do I must stay on top of it and I have to constantly monitor what I take in every day.

Right now I try to eat only one major meal every day and eat light the rest of the day.   I also eat cheese, bread and sweets in moderation.  I will literally ask myself, can I have this piece of bread/roll etc ?, think back to what bread I have already eaten and then make a wise choice.  I try not to eat anything past 8pm.  Although I drink 2-3 cups of coffee per day, I also try to drink a lot of water.  I rarely drink soda or any other kind of drink.  I also exercise 3 times a week (stationary bike at home).

This homegrown "program" has been working well for me.  A couple of years ago I lost 15 pounds or so and I have been able to maintain it (with a few minor setbacks which are probably due to normal fluctuations/water retention).
"Anything, but sedevacantism"

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)

Matto

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2017, 03:49:18 PM »
I suspect that most of you haven't reached that age when the metabolism naturally starts to decline  which makes it harder to maintain any weight loss.  I am finding that whatever I do I must stay on top of it and I have to constantly monitor what I take in every day.
I reached that age which was why I gained the weight I am trying to lose now. I found that by eating the same amount of food and drink that I used to eat I gained a lot of weight. I believe part of it is my age and part of it that I take medicine which causes weight gain. So I started to cut down on the amount of food I eat and I have had success in losing weight. Soon I will be at the point where I will no longer want to lose weight so I will have to eat more food to maintain a healthy weight. People comment on how I have lost a lot of weight which is nice but also reminds me that I was fat even though I never really thought of myself as fat. I do not worry much about what to eat, I Just decided to eat the same kinds of food during the week and act like it is lent until I reach the point where I no longer want to lose weight and then I will have to eat more.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 04:19:22 PM by Matto »