Author Topic: Death  (Read 330 times)

TradCat4Christ

• TTF Novice
Re: Death
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2017, 05:58:29 PM »
My thoughts, I use an analogy.

There's a coin spinning in the air. We don't know when it will stop spinning, nor when it will land on the ground. Neither can we predict which side of the coin will be facing up when the coin toss is finally complete.

On one side of the coin is written " God's Mercy ", on the other side is written, " God's Justice".

I'd rather not presume to know which side of the coin is facing up " at the end"; but if the need to seek comfort / solace for either myself or others is overwhelming; then I personally, will tend to presume on , or in favor of, the Mercy of God.

This is in spite of the fact that I am rather cynical by nature and general life  experience. Others may perhaps tend to presume towards the Justice of God side of the coin being found face up on the " cosmic playing field ". Others may deny the dichotomy of the analogy of the coin that I tend to use.
I guess it comes down to, or perhaps, back to; one's fundamental personality traits.
I'm not capable of arguing over the catholicity of the above thoughts, it's only my personal opinions formed by personal experience.
Do you think perfect justice consists in those who are wrong admitting it themselves? When an immortal soul that is blackened by sin comes face to face with Goodness and Perfection; like coming to a wedding banquet in dirty, torn, and nasty garments while all your friends are dressed up with the finest clothes they have...would you still want to remain in their presence, or would you turn and leave out of embarrassment? I believe souls that are condemned, are condemned of their own accord. The graces and chances God gives us during this life have to do with His infinite mercy, if we choose not to take advantage if these free gifts what is left for Him to give us? As a good parent often gives their children direction and guidance when it comes to life. Ultimately the child who grows up and makes those choices has to live with their desicions. Everything that enters into Heaven must be perfect. Sanctifying grace is when God dwells in your soul, if He is their but you are still "dirty" you must be purged. If He is not present in your soul then we go to Hell. We cannot get to Heaven unless we make room for God to dwell in our souls.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Wow Guru TradCat, I'm glad to hear that you paid attention in your catechism classes. I'm not actually shopping today at your self help /  motivational advice dispensary. Best wishes on your recovery, but as others have implied, we're a little choosy when it comes to looking for advice.
Is everyone this uncharitable with their comments?

Nick

• In necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus caritas.
  • TTF Novice
  • Memento Mori
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2017, 06:07:39 PM »
Just me, is there a 12 step program that I might be able to sign up for ?

"Now when [a pope] is explicitly a heretic, he falls ipso facto from his dignity and out of the Church, and the Church must either deprive him, or, as some say, declare him deprived, of his Apostolic See, and must say as St. Peter did: Let another take his bishopric.".      St. Francis de Sales.

TradCat4Christ

• TTF Novice
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2017, 06:13:55 PM »
Just me, is there a 12 step program that I might be able to sign up for ?
Not that I am aware but there is 10 commandments you could try your best to live by?

Nick

• TTF Novice
  • Memento Mori
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2017, 06:17:28 PM »
Far out and awesome, thanks Guru TradCath for that sunbeam of illumination.  :tablecheers:
"Now when [a pope] is explicitly a heretic, he falls ipso facto from his dignity and out of the Church, and the Church must either deprive him, or, as some say, declare him deprived, of his Apostolic See, and must say as St. Peter did: Let another take his bishopric.".      St. Francis de Sales.

TradCat4Christ

• TTF Novice
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2017, 06:22:18 PM »
Far out and awesome, thanks Guru TradCath for that sunbeam of illumination.  :tablecheers:
Here's my self help site http://tradcat4christ.com

Nick

• TTF Novice
  • Memento Mori
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2017, 06:26:15 PM »
LOL, thanks for confirming why you actually came here  :lol:

TradCat4Christ

• TTF Novice
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2017, 06:38:36 PM »
LOL, thanks for confirming why you actually came here 
Well I was hoping to meet other nice people.

Nick

• TTF Novice
  • Memento Mori
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2017, 06:48:58 PM »
Okay mate, I'd probably actually like you in real life, but as I've no plans to travel to the U. S., I'll probably never know.

TradCat4Christ

• TTF Novice
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2017, 06:51:08 PM »
Okay mate, I'd probably actually like you in real life, but as I've no plans to travel to the U. S., I'll probably never know.
I am sorry if I was coming across as condescending, I wasn't trying to. Just trying to help.

Nick

• TTF Novice
  • Memento Mori
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2017, 07:08:51 PM »
All good. I'm sure in real life, we'd probably enjoy a couple of hits of coffee ( from BRCC ) together.

The following users thanked this post: Troubled Teen