Author Topic: EricH introduction  (Read 240 times)

EricH

EricH introduction
« on: October 14, 2017, 12:20:52 PM »
Hello, I'm a convert from Protestantism and became a sedevacantist in 2005.  I keep thinking about the Vatican II revolution and how Catholics should respond to it, but there's a lot I still can't make sense of.  Forums have helped me a lot in the past and I hope that will continue, and that I may contribute some things that others may find helpful.

The following users thanked this post: Mithrandylan, Barbara, GottmitunsAlex, Nick

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
  • Divínum auxílium ✝ máneat semper nobíscum
Re: EricH introduction
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 12:30:12 PM »
I keep thinking about the Vatican II revolution and how Catholics should respond to it, but there's a lot I still can't make sense of. 

I'm sure everyone can agree with this sentiment. That's more or less why forums get any traffic at all...

Great to have you!
I wear it for a memorable honor,
For I am Welsh, you know, good countryman.

TKGS

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 01:01:26 PM »
I escaped from the Novus Ordo in 2005.  In fact, my last Sunday Mass in the Novus Ordo was 1 May 2005.  When the "priest" made up his own words for the consecration, I stood up and told the kids that we had to leave.  We went to the indult in downtown Indianapolis the rest of May until I received a response from the archbishop who clearly thought I was over reacting.  That's when I discovered that there was private traditional chapel in the town south in Indy and we went there until the chapel decided to give it all to the SSPX.  It took me a couple of more years to understand and accept sedevacantism after attending the archdiocesan Interfaith Thanksgiving Service and really understanding what apostasy is.

I finally understood Christ's warning to us when he told St. Thomas that those who do not see but believe are truly the blessed ones.  Fortunately, even though I am like St. Thomas in that regard, he became a saint which gives me hope.

The following users thanked this post: Nick, John

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
  • Divínum auxílium ✝ máneat semper nobíscum
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 01:10:47 PM »
I escaped from the Novus Ordo in 2005.  In fact, my last Sunday Mass in the Novus Ordo was 1 May 2005.  When the "priest" made up his own words for the consecration, I stood up and told the kids that we had to leave.  We went to the indult in downtown Indianapolis the rest of May until I received a response from the archbishop who clearly thought I was over reacting.  That's when I discovered that there was private traditional chapel in the town south in Indy and we went there until the chapel decided to give it all to the SSPX.  It took me a couple of more years to understand and accept sedevacantism after attending the archdiocesan Interfaith Thanksgiving Service and really understanding what apostasy is.

I finally understood Christ's warning to us when he told St. Thomas that those who do not see but believe are truly the blessed ones.  Fortunately, even though I am like St. Thomas in that regard, he became a saint which gives me hope.

May 2005-- was JPII in charge?  No doubt the local bishop was aware of the fact that JPII had determined valid the liturgy of Addai and Marai, which literally has no consecration at all!

ETA: good grief the failure of the quote text to wrap is just awful.  I'm working on it atm and hopefully will have a solution very soon.
I wear it for a memorable honor,
For I am Welsh, you know, good countryman.

TKGS

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 06:06:09 PM »
Actually, Ratzinger was elected in April of that year.  I still had hopes because I didn't realize that Ratzinger had apostated years earlier and was no longer a Catholic.  Actually, the priest had just gone to a Priest Conference the week prior.  For anyone who wasn't part of the Conciliar sect, whenever priests went to Conferences they would come back and try a whole bunch of new things on the congregation to see what people like.  Well, this priest was trying to make the Mass more "inclusive" (I guess) and used a lot of first person plural pronouns during the service--including the Consecration.

Since it was Ratzinger who approved the service without a consecration, perhaps that was the reason the archbishop wasn't concerned.  Until just now, I had never put two and two together!  It makes sense, in a perverted sort of way, now.

ClemensMaria

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 07:21:41 PM »
So I suppose if the Conciliar sect is truly the Catholic Church then you could say that you did overreact.  But if it is not the Catholic Church then it was a great grace to have reacted the way you did.  I bet you don't have any regrets after Frank the Clown took over.

The following users thanked this post: John

TKGS

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 07:24:34 PM »
If the Conciliar sect is truly the Catholic Church, then Christianity is a farce.

The following users thanked this post: annamack

Troubled Teen

• TTF Novice
  • I'm the guy who sucks (plus I got depression)
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 09:31:19 PM »
Good to have you back.
"Man knoweth not whether he be worthy of love, or hatred." - Ecclesiastes 9:1

"In the present time the directive is to stick to the essentials of Christianity: to flee the world, believe in Christ, do all the good that one can, strive for detachment from created things, avoid false prophets and remember death." - Fr. Leonardo Castellani

The following users thanked this post: EricH

2Vermont

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 05:59:15 AM »
Nice to see you again Eric.
"Anything, but sedevacantism"

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)

The following users thanked this post: EricH