Author Topic: I am in trouble with my visas  (Read 218 times)

GPRW

I am in trouble with my visas
« on: November 22, 2017, 02:41:04 PM »
Hi,

I am scheduled to start my new Master's program in Australia in February 2018, but now I am having trouble with my visas. Please pray for me so that I can get my visa on time and will not delay my future study. Thank you and God bless!

G. P. R. W.

2Vermont

Re: I am in trouble with my visas
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 02:44:50 PM »
Will do!
"Anything, but sedevacantism"

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)

Nick

• In necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus caritas.
  • TTF Novice
  • Memento Mori
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 03:48:37 PM »
Will do, and best wishes on your journey to Oz. If u get to Brisbane, this might happen  :beer:
"Now when [a pope] is explicitly a heretic, he falls ipso facto from his dignity and out of the Church, and the Church must either deprive him, or, as some say, declare him deprived, of his Apostolic See, and must say as St. Peter did: Let another take his bishopric.".      St. Francis de Sales.

The following users thanked this post: Troubled Teen

Callixtus

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 08:55:48 AM »
Prayers.

Rubecorks

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 10:58:38 AM »
Hi,

I am scheduled to start my new Master's program in Australia in February 2018, but now I am having trouble with my visas. Please pray for me so that I can get my visa on time and will not delay my future study. Thank you and God bless!

G. P. R. W.

I hope all the prayers go towards making you realize that you shouldn't be going for your Masters at all. It's a scary thought to see traditional Catholics exposing themselves to the harmful things the Universities teach today.

ClemensMaria

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 09:46:07 PM »
A Masters in architecture or math or computer science or any number of other technical majors will not expose you to much if any anti-Catholic garbage.  I know c.s. would involve 100% technical classes.  But biology and archeology and many other majors would expose you to nasty stuff.

Rubecorks

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 04:27:16 PM »
A Masters in architecture or math or computer science or any number of other technical majors will not expose you to much if any anti-Catholic garbage.  I know c.s. would involve 100% technical classes.  But biology and archeology and many other majors would expose you to nasty stuff.

If it is a college where you are going for a degree, such as B.S., they will make sure to have a good amount of rotten stuff in your courses, even if it is some kind of computer degree. And brazenly so, such as forcing teachers to teach from books that don't even appear to fit the course title.

GPRW

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 05:45:11 PM »

If it is a college where you are going for a degree, such as B.S., they will make sure to have a good amount of rotten stuff in your courses, even if it is some kind of computer degree. And brazenly so, such as forcing teachers to teach from books that don't even appear to fit the course title.

Well, I would respectfully beg to differ/disagree. I am studying in a top liberal arts college which can probably (most likely) make Ivy League (Harvard, Columbia, Pennsylvania, etc) and Ivy League-level colleges and universities (Stanford, Berkeley, Virginia, etc) look quite, relatively speaking, conservative, yet as a math major, all I have heard from my classes are mathematical theories.

Okay, I know there are several mathematicians who are also heavily associated with modern liberalism, such as Rene Descartes. However, I do not see, maybe I miserably failed to see, how was their liberalism connected to mathematics. I am always welcome to see the critique and/or analysis of how the mathematical theories of Cauchy, Bernoulli, Lebesgue, Hardy, Laplace, Riemann, Dickson, Goursat, Gödel, etc are connected to modern liberalism.

But again, beside those mathematical theories, I have heard nothing, and my place is ultra-progressive. However, I do not speak for, since I do not have the enough experiences to qualify myself, the other departments. Their may be some entirely different pictures.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 06:07:57 PM by GPRW »

The following users thanked this post: Nick, Troubled Teen