Author Topic: My introduction  (Read 327 times)

Stben3

My introduction
« on: December 01, 2017, 04:20:45 PM »
Hello, My name is Sean. I became a "traditional" Roman Catholic in 1985 at the age of 15. My first parish was in Columbus Ohio, St. Clare, run by the SSPV fathers. The first priest I met was (then) Father Daniel Dolan and the rest is history. Fr. William Jenkins was the pastor. The next year I attended St. Gertrude Academy (now Immaculate Conception Acd) in Cincinnati the next year. Little did I realize back then what a lightening rod that city has been for us.

In 1991 I joined Christ the King Abbey as senior oblate. That lasted until the Betrayal in 2011. Not sure what I am now.

Currently I attend Our Mother of Perpetual Help in Sulphur Springs, Ohio, under the auspices of the CMRI. Fr. Gabriel Lavery, CMRI is our pastor.

The following users thanked this post: TKGS, Nick, Troubled Teen, MyrnaM

TKGS

Re: My introduction
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 08:38:55 PM »
I am curious.  There are still many terms that we seldom see now and, frankly, dictionaries aren't always completely useful.  What is a "senior oblate"?  The dictionary suggests that the term is pretty much synonymous to a religious brother.  Are you under vows?

You spent 20 years there?  That is something.  What happened at the Abbey is most definitely very sad.  Have you had any contact with Fr. Bernard Uttley?

Vinny Zee

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 09:04:31 PM »
Hello, My name is Sean. I became a "traditional" Roman Catholic in 1985 at the age of 15. My first parish was in Columbus Ohio, St. Clare, run by the SSPV fathers. The first priest I met was (then) Father Daniel Dolan and the rest is history. Fr. William Jenkins was the pastor. The next year I attended St. Gertrude Academy (now Immaculate Conception Acd) in Cincinnati the next year. Little did I realize back then what a lightening rod that city has been for us.

In 1991 I joined Christ the King Abbey as senior oblate. That lasted until the Betrayal in 2011. Not sure what I am now.

Currently I attend Our Mother of Perpetual Help in Sulphur Springs, Ohio, under the auspices of the CMRI. Fr. Gabriel Lavery, CMRI is our pastor.

What do you mean by the "Betrayal in 2011?"

Stben3

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 10:01:21 PM »
A Benedictine Oblate is like a 3rd order. Senior Oblate means i have been attached to the Abbey the longest. I have never taken vows and I live in the world, i was just attached to Christ the King Abbey. And yes, I know Father Bernard. I was his driver during his trips to Ohio

The following users thanked this post: Troubled Teen, Vinny Zee

Stben3

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 10:05:18 PM »
By betrayal I mean that Abbot Leonard's hand picked successor made his move to hand over the Abbey to the Vatican II diocese in the weeks prior to Father Abbot's death. The first step was expelling the sedevacantist clergy. Fathwr Abbot witnessed the dismantling of his dream as he lay dying.

The following users thanked this post: Vinny Zee

2Vermont

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 06:51:12 AM »
Welcome! 
"Anything, but sedevacantism"

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)

Stben3

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 10:55:44 AM »
Thank you

Rubecorks

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2017, 10:59:05 AM »

I think I remember you!  You have that really Irish name and were quite active on the Internet forums back around 2000?

Stben3

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2017, 11:46:46 PM »
Mayhaps!

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
  • Divínum auxílium ✝ máneat semper nobíscum
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 10:07:36 PM »
Welcome to the forum!
I wear it for a memorable honor,
For I am Welsh, you know, good countryman.