Author Topic: Amoris Laetitia  (Read 667 times)

Ajncj

Re: Amoris Laetitia
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2018, 08:12:34 AM »
Has this Amoris Laetitia said anywhere that divorce is actually not a good thing? Is it not going to encourage divorce among Novus Ordoites?

TKGS

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2018, 09:27:56 AM »
Has this Amoris Laetitia said anywhere that divorce is actually not a good thing? Is it not going to encourage divorce among Novus Ordoites?

It really doesn't matter what the document itself actually says since virtually no one has or will read it.  Does it actually say that divorce is not a good thing?  Whether it does or not is irrelevant since most people attached to the Novus Ordo sect believe that the document gives permission for couples to divorce and remarry "in the Church" and continue receiving what they think are sacraments.

Ajncj

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2018, 01:37:44 AM »

It really doesn't matter what the document itself actually says since virtually no one has or will read it.  Does it actually say that divorce is not a good thing?  Whether it does or not is irrelevant since most people attached to the Novus Ordo sect believe that the document gives permission for couples to divorce and remarry "in the Church" and continue receiving what they think are sacraments.

Its surprising - or is it? - how the SSPX and its Mark2 version haven't bothered with this document.
We now have a large segment of the Traditional Catholic movement that is neither Traditional nor Catholic.

The following users thanked this post: TKGS, annamack

TKGS

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2018, 02:45:56 PM »
What is the "Mark2 version" refer to?

2Vermont

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2018, 04:08:12 PM »

"The Resistance"?
"Anything, but sedevacantism"

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)

Ajncj

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2018, 09:51:14 PM »

"The Resistance"?

Yes, the "Resistance"

TKGS

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2018, 09:28:26 AM »

"The Resistance"?

Yes, the "Resistance"

Now your comment above makes sense and I've thanked it.  But why "Mark2"?  Is this a colloquialism I'm just not familiar with?

You are absolutely correct though.  I've not heard that any SSPX or Resistance priests have really discussed the document at any length.  If they had, I'd assume someone would post that information on CI (but, since I no longer read all of the topics at CI, I might miss it anyway).

Ajncj

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2018, 11:03:33 PM »

"The Resistance"?

Yes, the "Resistance"

Now your comment above makes sense and I've thanked it.  But why "Mark2"?  Is this a colloquialism I'm just not familiar with?

You are absolutely correct though.  I've not heard that any SSPX or Resistance priests have really discussed the document at any length.  If they had, I'd assume someone would post that information on CI (but, since I no longer read all of the topics at CI, I might miss it anyway).

Yes "Mark2" used to be a colloquialism in Britain and it's colonies. A second version of something ( yet sometimes almost the same thing). . I hope I'm not misleading anyone on this as I have used this term in the past myself and and I have and read it used in this context. BUT... I just Googled this word and all that came up was St Mark, Ch.2!!!

Coming back to Amoris Laetititia, it seems to be only Bishop Sanborn and associates, and Novus Ordo Watch who are doing something about this. How can one call himself Catholic and yet accept this document? There are no words to describe this scandal.

2Vermont

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2018, 04:43:55 AM »
Mark2 sounds like when we use 2.0 to refer to a newer, but basically the same version of a forum.  Sometimes we use it to literally describe a newer version that is actually new in some way and sometimes we use it sarcastically.
"Anything, but sedevacantism"

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)

TKGS

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2018, 01:21:41 PM »
Yes "Mark2" used to be a colloquialism in Britain and it's colonies. A second version of something ( yet sometimes almost the same thing). . I hope I'm not misleading anyone on this as I have used this term in the past myself and and I have and read it used in this context. BUT... I just Googled this word and all that came up was St Mark, Ch.2!!!

As I read this I thought back to my childhood.  Yes, we would definitely used Mark 2 to refer to the second generation of something...but only, I think, in regards to technological things in science fiction.  I was watching an old episode of Johnny Quest a few days ago and I'm sure I heard Dr. Quest refer to a Mark 2 of something after the first version failed.