Author Topic: Amoris Laetitia  (Read 661 times)

Ajncj

Re: Amoris Laetitia
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2018, 11:34:49 PM »
Yes "Mark2" used to be a colloquialism in Britain and it's colonies. A second version of something ( yet sometimes almost the same thing). . I hope I'm not misleading anyone on this as I have used this term in the past myself and and I have and read it used in this context. BUT... I just Googled this word and all that came up was St Mark, Ch.2!!!

As I read this I thought back to my childhood.  Yes, we would definitely used Mark 2 to refer to the second generation of something...but only, I think, in regards to technological things in science fiction.  I was watching an old episode of Johnny Quest a few days ago and I'm sure I heard Dr. Quest refer to a Mark 2 of something after the first version failed.

Yes you are right. It was used concerning technological things, among common folk, mostly concerning cars. I lived in Kenya from the nineteen fifties to the nineteen seventies and it was in common usage there.

The following users thanked this post: Troubled Teen

Samuel

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2018, 12:39:05 AM »
Its surprising - or is it? - how the SSPX and its Mark2 version haven't bothered with this document.
We now have a large segment of the Traditional Catholic movement that is neither Traditional nor Catholic.

What a bullshit post!

Simply because you, Mr anonymous, have not heard a Resistance clergy speak about Amoris Laetitia, you think you are justified in calling them 'neither Traditional nor Catholic'?

By the same standard YOU, Mr anonymous, are neither Traditional nor Catholic, and by that same standard YOU, Mr anonymous, will one day be judged yourself.

If this is the level of posts that is tolerated and applauded here, without anyone objecting, then this is not a place for me.

Moderators, it's your forum, you decide.

annamack

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2018, 03:45:19 PM »
Its surprising - or is it? - how the SSPX and its Mark2 version haven't bothered with this document.
We now have a large segment of the Traditional Catholic movement that is neither Traditional nor Catholic.

What a bullshit post!

Simply because you, Mr anonymous, have not heard a Resistance clergy speak about Amoris Laetitia, you think you are justified in calling them 'neither Traditional nor Catholic'?

By the same standard YOU, Mr anonymous, are neither Traditional nor Catholic, and by that same standard YOU, Mr anonymous, will one day be judged yourself.

If this is the level of posts that is tolerated and applauded here, without anyone objecting, then this is not a place for me.

Happily, this is a forum where (so far) only heresy gets you banned - and long may that continue! 

Samuel

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2018, 07:18:35 PM »

What a bullshit post!

Happily, this is a forum where (so far) only heresy gets you banned - and long may that continue!

Did you read (and understand) the forum rules?

Samuel

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2018, 07:49:46 PM »
Never mind, I'll leave you all to it.