Author Topic: Android or iPhone?  (Read 306 times)

2Vermont

Android or iPhone?
« on: December 06, 2017, 04:12:32 PM »
It looks like my husband and I need to upgrade from our antique sliding keyboard style phones to either an Android or iPhone....

Could you all tell me which one you chose and why?  Positives? Negatives?
"Anything, but sedevacantism"

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
  • Divínum auxílium ✝ máneat semper nobíscum
Re: Android or iPhone?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 04:36:02 PM »
Well, Android, I think.  Unless you're already married to the Apple network of devices (iPad, Mac, iTunes, etc.) there's no advantage to an iPhone as far as I'm concerned.  All the hardware is specialized.  My wife is always losing her charger and whatnot, and proper replacements are expensive.  Not to mention that, IMO, Apple's OS is just retarded.  If you're used to Windows/Google products, go with Android.

Both companies are radically leftist, so you're not going to be able to make the decision based on which is more morally upright.  You'll be more flexible with something that isn't an iPhone.
I wear it for a memorable honor,
For I am Welsh, you know, good countryman.

The following users thanked this post: Troubled Teen, annamack

TKGS

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 05:47:41 PM »
I have a flip phone from Verizon.

My first cell phone from a different company had spotty coverage in my house.  I could walk about 150 feet down the street and over the crest of a very small hill and get perfect five bar coverage, but on my property, it was one or two bars on a good day and often I had no coverage.  I discovered my neighbor used Verizon and had not problems.  The only thing I can do on my phone, though, is calling and texting.  It says it can do email and get on the web, but I don't know how.

My wife has a smart phone that runs with android and it seems to work well.

Kayla_veronica

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 06:15:49 PM »
The main advantage of the iPhones is the camera, IMO. Although the main camera on my phone got busted after I left it on the roof of the car and drove away ...

The following users thanked this post: Mithrandylan

Barbara

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 06:16:29 PM »
I finally purchased a smart phone in the last year and went with a Motorola brand that runs Android. The provider is Consumer Cellular which specializes in simple smart phones for seniors, with no contract.

https://www.consumercellular.com/Products?android&iphone

It's worked out really well, though I am not a heavy user. My email is gmail, so the Android phone automatically syncs to whatever is on my computer.

You young whipper-snappers reading this will chuckle, but for a let's say, over 55 person, this is a big transition!
Mother of God, pray for us sinners.

The following users thanked this post: Kayla_veronica

annamack

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 06:33:08 AM »
Definitely Androds  :)

annamack

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 06:34:04 AM »
Definitely Androds  :)

...or Android, even...  ::)

2Vermont

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 06:52:22 AM »
Does it matter if most of your family members have iPhones? In other words are there any issues communicating between Androids and iPhones?  Especially texting...which is the main reason why we need to change.

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)

annamack

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 02:44:35 PM »
Does it matter if most of your family members have iPhones? In other words are there any issues communicating between Androids and iPhones?  Especially texting...which is the main reason why we need to change.

No, I'm Android and my brother's iPhone, and we swap texts, pictures, &c without any problems.

2Vermont

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 05:50:32 PM »
Ok, thank you all.  We are definitely leaning Android.  We'll take a closer look after Christmas time.