Author Topic: New to the forum  (Read 699 times)

Voxxkowalski

Re: New to the forum
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2017, 07:23:14 PM »
No traditionalist, or sedevacantist, has ever had a problem with the historical fact that there are eastern Catholic rites, and that some of the Eastern schismatics gave up their schism and joined their Eastern rite Catholics.

However, it is not an alternative to join any Catholic rite where the clergy recognizes Vatican II and its false popes.

Welcome to the forum.  For the most part, this is a good forum.  It would be a great forum but for all the Conciliar evangelists who post their non-Catholic nonsense.  (In compliance with Forum Rules, I am not saying, of course, that any forum members are, themselves, non-Catholic.  Only saying that some forum members post a lot of non-Catholic nonsense.)
You mean like dogmatic sedevacantism?

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
  • Divínum auxílium ✝ máneat semper nobíscum
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2017, 07:30:33 PM »
Hi AwkwardCustomer, welcome!   :tablecheers:

To all:

As mentioned earlier in the thread, introduction threads really aren't the place to be diving into controversy.  New threads should be created for that type of stuff. 
I wear it for a memorable honor,
For I am Welsh, you know, good countryman.

Vinny Zee

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2017, 08:15:53 PM »

To all:

As mentioned earlier in the thread, introduction threads really aren't the place to be diving into controversy.  New threads should be created for that type of stuff.

With all due respect to your forum, after the suggestion from more than one member, I moved my thoughts to a new thread. However, I would just like to note the moderator's comments (and I agree with them) showed up at a very curious time however.

There was plenty of mud slinging and low blows (annamack for example) that were left to ride out without moderator intervention. It is also a bit disconcerting that after people are left to fend for themselves and left with no option to fight back and defend themselves the moderator shows up to seemingly defend those I would say they are favorable to.

I agree with your decision, but I'm afraid it appears there may have been a bit of spectating from the sidelines when this decision should have come nearly 4-5 days ago.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 08:18:02 PM by Vinny Zee »

Rubecorks

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2017, 08:16:32 AM »
I dont use the quote function because it makes your forum unreadable. You realize youre just a layperson like everyone else and you have no protty like authority to judge fellow Trads level of catholicity.

Then you should mention the person you are addressing your comment to, so the person knows it is directed at him.

There was nothing in my message that judged a person's level of catholicity. Where did you get that from?  Mentioning the proper moral obligation in a particular situation has nothing to do with that.

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
  • Divínum auxílium ✝ máneat semper nobíscum
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2017, 08:32:46 AM »

To all:

With all due respect to your forum, after the suggestion from more than one member, I moved my thoughts to a new thread. However, I would just like to note the moderator's comments (and I agree with them) showed up at a very curious time however.

There was plenty of mud slinging and low blows (annamack for example) that were left to ride out without moderator intervention. It is also a bit disconcerting that after people are left to fend for themselves and left with no option to fight back and defend themselves the moderator shows up to seemingly defend those I would say they are favorable to.

I agree with your decision, but I'm afraid it appears there may have been a bit of spectating from the sidelines when this decision should have come nearly 4-5 days ago.

Better late than never, right? :D

Had I been online when the thread first started, I would have intervened sooner. It looks however it looks, but that's inadvertent.

ETA: Thanks for starting a new thread! 

« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 08:36:21 AM by Mithrandylan »
I wear it for a memorable honor,
For I am Welsh, you know, good countryman.

annamack

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2017, 12:56:29 PM »
I dont use the quote function because it makes your forum unreadable. You realize youre just a layperson like everyone else and you have no protty like authority to judge fellow Trads level of catholicity.

I, too, wish people would not quote the whole damned conversation each time they comment (especially when some posters are very wordy indeed!) but it is perfectly possible to edit the quotes down to a manageable length.  Random replies with no context are equally unreadable, since it's very often impossible to know to what they refer  :-\

annamack

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2017, 01:02:29 PM »

What low blows?  ???  You need to man-up, Vinny, if you're going to post very long streams of "thought" that just beg to be replied to...

2Vermont

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2017, 01:10:38 PM »

What low blows?  ???  You need to man-up, Vinny, if you're going to post very long streams of "thought" that just beg to be replied to...

My personal preference is for people to just get to the point. 
"Anything, but sedevacantism"

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)

The following users thanked this post: annamack

TKGS

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2017, 05:09:04 PM »

Unless, of course, that someone happens to be the "pope"??

The following users thanked this post: Nick