Author Topic: Whole thread deleted, why?  (Read 301 times)

Rubecorks

Whole thread deleted, why?
« on: December 27, 2017, 05:23:51 PM »
Why was a whole thread deleted suddenly? The most recent posts in it were about the Catholic Eastern rite and the errors that Vinnie was promoting amounting to the beliefs of the schismatic easterns?

The following users thanked this post: TKGS, Mysterium Fidei

TKGS

Re: Whole thread deleted, why?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 05:33:11 PM »
I'd like to know what happened as well.  I was reading from page 6 and it disappeared.

The following users thanked this post: Rubecorks

Rubecorks

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 05:45:05 PM »
So far, frankly, I think that the moderators here are soft on eastern schismatic Orthodoxy. Can you blame me for thinking that at this moment?  Please prove me wrong and respond about what is going on now.

The following users thanked this post: annamack

Rubecorks

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 06:10:53 PM »
In the meantime waiting for a response from the moderators....my own experience is that I saw Vinnie say he would graciously leave at my request, and I said that my ultimate request was that he would drop his schismatic notions of the Church and stay here on the forum......that's when I saw the whole discussion thread disappear.

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
  • Divínum auxílium ✝ máneat semper nobíscum
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 06:13:12 PM »
Users are allowed to delete their own posts.

Unfortunately, that means that if they're the OP of a post they've deleted, then the whole thread follows suit.

And after reviewing the logs, that is what has happened.  I'm going to try to restore from a backup.  Also, I've adjusted user permissions slightly so we shouldn't see this happen again.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 06:23:49 PM by Mithrandylan »
I wear it for a memorable honor,
For I am Welsh, you know, good countryman.

Vinny Zee

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 06:13:53 PM »
So far, frankly, I think that the moderators here are soft on eastern schismatic Orthodoxy. Can you blame me for thinking that at this moment?  Please prove me wrong and respond about what is going on now.

Don't blame the moderators. I am new to this site and was trying to delete my account when I deleted the entire thread. If it is possible for them to put it back up I am fine with that.

Hopefully if they see this then they can restore it.
I finally had to send a message to them to request them to remove my account.

Rubecorks

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 06:15:47 PM »

Don't blame the moderators. I am new to this site and was trying to delete my account when I deleted the entire thread. If it is possible for them to put it back up I am fine with that.

I finally had to send a message to them to request them to remove my account.

I wondered about that. I looked to see if you were gone, and you weren't, so I supposed that you didn't have anything to do with it. My mistake!  Please stay and seriously consider what I have been saying to you, please.

Troubled Teen

• TTF Novice
  • I'm the guy who sucks (plus I got depression)
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 06:16:31 PM »
Can you blame me for thinking that at this moment?

Vinny retracted himself after it was pointed out to him what "primacy of jurisdiction" actually meant and posted recent documents from the UGCC which clearly affirm that the pope has primacy of jurisdiction over the whole Church. You guys are going out of your way to find reasons to be scandalized.
"Man knoweth not whether he be worthy of love, or hatred." - Ecclesiastes 9:1

"In the present time the directive is to stick to the essentials of Christianity: to flee the world, believe in Christ, do all the good that one can, strive for detachment from created things, avoid false prophets and remember death." - Fr. Leonardo Castellani

The following users thanked this post: Lynne

Vinny Zee

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2017, 06:21:45 PM »
Users are allowed to delete their own posts.

Unfortunately, that means that if they're the OP of a post they've deleted, then the whole thread follows suit.

And after reviewing the logs, that is what has happened.  I'm going to try to restore from a backup.  Also, I've adjusted user permissions slightly so we shouldn't see this happen again.

Please restore if possible, you have my permission to keep it up. I think it would be important for future users to see the discussion, however nasty it turned.

I did not see anything in my user permissions to allow me to restore it. Too bad this site can't require password as a second confirmation before removing an entire thread.  I learned it was easier to delete 9 pages of argued thread than it has been to simply delete a user's account.

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
  • Divínum auxílium ✝ máneat semper nobíscum
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2017, 06:23:25 PM »
I don't have the time to try to restore it now, and I can't make any promises that I'll be able to. 

Sorry folks.
I wear it for a memorable honor,
For I am Welsh, you know, good countryman.