Author Topic: Flat Earth  (Read 657 times)

TKGS

Re: Flat Earth
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2017, 12:11:04 PM »
Are you suggesting that chemtrails aren't dogma??? :pot:

The following users thanked this post: SedeForChrist

Rubecorks

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2017, 12:21:12 PM »
Legal documents are filled with crimes that are the result of conspiracies, with "conspiracy" explicitly mentioned.  This is quite frequent.

The secret societies, such as Freemasonry, are recognized as a conspiracy against the Catholic Church.

Pius XI in his encyclical about Atheistic Communism mentioned that the silence on the part of the non-Catholic press of the world was a "conspiracy".

As well, evidence is evidence, and we should NOT shun the idea of conspiracy when faced with evidence. For instance, it is on film that just seconds before JFK was shot, someone called off the security agent that was standing on the specially designed back bumper of the car. He is shown walking, looking behind him with puzzled looks and gestures about what is going on, and that's when the assassination occurred, and had the man not been called off the car, he would have likely taken the bullet instead of the President, because the agents were designed for physical protection.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 04:35:52 PM by Rubecorks »

The following users thanked this post: Nick, annamack, SedeForChrist

Barbara

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2017, 02:50:20 PM »
Conspiracy theories come with the territory.  By definition, all traditional Catholics apprehend an insidious Marxist-Masonic conspiracy where the Church was infiltrated, over the course of about fifty to seventy-five years, by actual, proper agents of the enemy, who pulled their levers at Vatican II.  Probably the most significant conspiracy in the history of mankind after the deicidal conspiracy of the Sanhedrin.
Thank you. I've thought this for a long time, but never could express it clearly.
Mother of God, pray for us sinners.

2Vermont

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2017, 05:57:34 PM »
Yes, I agree that to a certain extent all traditional Catholics believe in one huge conspiracy theory, but I would bet that if someone was a Flat Earther, they are probably also a 9/11 conspiracist, etc or will become one.
"Anything, but sedevacantism"

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)

Rubecorks

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2017, 06:03:51 PM »
Yes, I agree that to a certain extent all traditional Catholics believe in one huge conspiracy theory, but I would bet that if someone was a Flat Earther, they are probably also a 9/11 conspiracist, etc or will become one.

Perhaps they will. Nuts can also go for things that are reasonable.  It's a fallacy to think otherwise. Go with the evidence.

Look up "WTC7" on YouTube. No building can collapse in 5 seconds in its own footprint merely because of a few fires burned here and there on a few floors without a plane colliding with it.

The following users thanked this post: Nick, annamack

2Vermont

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2017, 06:09:16 PM »

Perhaps they will. Nuts can also go for things that are reasonable.  It's a fallacy to think otherwise. Go with the evidence.

Look up "WTC7" on YouTube. No building can collapse in 5 seconds in its own footprint merely because of a few fires burned here and there on a few floors without a plane colliding with it.

For sure.  I am not putting all of these on equal footing with respect to whether they are believable.  Just that they are all conspiracy theories.

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)

Rubecorks

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2017, 06:11:56 PM »

For sure.  I am not putting all of these on equal footing with respect to whether they are believable.  Just that they are all conspiracy theories.

Basically what the principle comes down to is....if one accepts one conspiracy theory, one is well open to the possibility, and even probability, of others.

TKGS

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2017, 08:09:20 PM »
I still want to know why every government in the world has, for centuries, spent all those resources to make sure no one ever went to Antarctica.

2Vermont

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2017, 08:19:56 PM »
I still want to know why every government in the world has, for centuries, spent all those resources to make sure no one ever went to Antarctica.

:cig:

When Antisemites Attack!

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2017, 08:26:36 PM »
I don't object to flat earth except when people try to shovel it as a doctrine

Imho that is too soft, flat-earth promotion of any kind should be prohibited, flat-earthers should be ridiculed, then suspended, then banned.

The following users thanked this post: Mithrandylan, Nick, Troubled Teen, Rubecorks