Author Topic: Flat Earth  (Read 649 times)

Rubecorks

Re: Flat Earth
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2017, 03:48:50 PM »
I'm a FAT-earther.   :P

« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 04:37:09 PM by Rubecorks »

The following users thanked this post: Mithrandylan, OmegaTrad

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
  • Divínum auxílium ✝ máneat semper nobíscum
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2017, 05:40:45 PM »
I don't object to flat earth except when people try to shovel it as a doctrine

Imho that is too soft, flat-earth promotion of any kind should be prohibited, flat-earthers should be ridiculed, then suspended, then banned.

It will be (handled that way).  I realize I said "I don't object...", making it seem like I think FEism is "fine" so long as it isn't "dogmatized" but really what I meant is that I think FEism "as such" is just stupid and silly and not worthy of time, whereas I find FEism as a religious proposition to actually be dangerous and indicative of some pretty serious problems that run deeper than the obvious. 
I wear it for a memorable honor,
For I am Welsh, you know, good countryman.

The following users thanked this post: Nick, SedeForChrist

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
  • Divínum auxílium ✝ máneat semper nobíscum
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2018, 10:35:32 PM »
Isn't there like a three hour video floating around out there where the author argues that forests aren't real?

Some of this stuff is just hilarious.  I think there's also a theory out there that Sweden doesn't exist.
I wear it for a memorable honor,
For I am Welsh, you know, good countryman.

The following users thanked this post: SedeForChrist

SedeForChrist

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2018, 09:07:18 AM »
The term conspiracy theory is used often as an ad-hominem, to simply discredit those who criticize the mainstream narrative. And while to question the aforementioned is perfectly acceptable and necessary and even obligatory at times, it must be done with some credibility. You can't simply just claim that such and such is false and then provide another theory. There should be evidence to support it, or at least positive doubt. Some of the issues raised were: 9/11, holocaust, moon-landing, JFK etc. Most of these have some evidence supporting their claims, and in some cases, there is evidence or at least positive doubt to support the arguments against the mainstream narrative. So while I think trads and especially sedes are susceptible to "conspiracy theories", there should at least be some evidence or positive doubt before we decide to submit to such things. But just because craziness exists out there, doesn't mean everything "off center" if you will, is necessarily wrong. Just thoughts...

The following users thanked this post: 2Vermont

MyrnaM

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2018, 09:23:04 AM »
Myforever.blog/blog

OmegaTrad

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2018, 09:42:50 AM »
Isn't there like a three hour video floating around out there where the author argues that forests aren't real?

Some of this stuff is just hilarious.  I think there's also a theory out there that Sweden doesn't exist.

It's Finland that doesn't exist!

https://theculturetrip.com/europe/finland/articles/does-finland-exist-many-dont-think-so/

The following users thanked this post: Mithrandylan

TKGS

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2018, 02:10:31 PM »

It's Finland that doesn't exist!

https://theculturetrip.com/europe/finland/articles/does-finland-exist-many-dont-think-so/

:lol:  I wonder where Nokia phones come from.