Author Topic: Any Traditional Catholic schools in Canada?  (Read 327 times)

GPRW

Any Traditional Catholic schools in Canada?
« on: December 28, 2017, 02:18:57 AM »
I am writing this for a friend who is moving to Canada, with two children, one being 6 years old and the other being 8 years old. Are there any Traditional Catholic schools in Canada? While he does not exclude the possibility of going to an SSPX school, he will prefer a Sedevacantist school in general.

Rubecorks

Re: Any Traditional Catholic schools in Canada?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 09:38:42 AM »
I am writing this for a friend who is moving to Canada, with two children, one being 6 years old and the other being 8 years old. Are there any Traditional Catholic schools in Canada? While he does not exclude the possibility of going to an SSPX school, he will prefer a Sedevacantist school in general.

Better to homeschool than to be placed in any SSPX school. If he is a sedevacantist he needs to realize he must stay away from SSPX Mass centers and schools.

The following users thanked this post: annamack

GPRW

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 12:12:53 PM »

Better to homeschool than to be placed in any SSPX school. If he is a sedevacantist he needs to realize he must stay away from SSPX Mass centers and schools.
Unfortunately, we are not Catholic enough realize this precious truth. Nor am I Catholic enough to realize that I should not go to a graduate school. I (and on behalf of my friend) appreciate that you can tell us how un-Catholic we are and how we can be more Catholic, but we will appreciate more if you can provide the name of any Traditional Catholic schools (according to your standard) in Canada, or tell us there is none.

(But, hey, even much more unfortunately, I will go to graduate school for my Master's degree and my friend will send his children to SSPX school in Canada if there is no Sedevacantist school anyway. It definitely sounds scary. "Wow, the remnant of the Church is so small, and so many so-called Traditional Catholics are not traditional at all." Really scary.)

The following users thanked this post: Lynne

Rubecorks

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 12:27:24 PM »

Unfortunately, we are not Catholic enough realize this precious truth. Nor am I Catholic enough to realize that I should not go to a graduate school. I (and on behalf of my friend) appreciate that you can tell us how un-Catholic we are and how we can be more Catholic, but we will appreciate more if you can provide the name of any Traditional Catholic schools (according to your standard) in Canada, or tell us there is none.

(But, hey, even much more unfortunately, I will go to graduate school for my Master's degree and my friend will send his children to SSPX school in Canada if there is no Sedevacantist school anyway. It definitely sounds scary. "Wow, the remnant of the Church is so small, and so many so-called Traditional Catholics are not traditional at all." Really scary.)

Advice concerning Catholic morality is a good work, a spiritual work of mercy, and is not equivalent to telling someone he is less Catholic. I would also advise you to give up the sickening sarcasm.

The following users thanked this post: GottmitunsAlex

Mysterium Fidei

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 12:44:32 PM »

The only sedevacantist priest that I know of in Canada is Fr. Bernard Uttley, OSB, CMRI, of Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church, in London, Ontario. I would suggest that your friend make contact with him. http://www.cmri.org/latin-mass-directory/london-ontario-olvictory-church.shtml

The following users thanked this post: GPRW, Nick

Mysterium Fidei

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 12:48:00 PM »
Also, Queen of All Saints Academy now offers online, interactive home schooling programs https://www.qasonline.org 

The following users thanked this post: GPRW, Nick

GPRW

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 02:12:50 PM »

Advice concerning Catholic morality is a good work, a spiritual work of mercy, and is not equivalent to telling someone he is less Catholic. I would also advise you to give up the sickening sarcasm.
Okay, let me be serious this time, unless I specified the contrary, okay? Note: If you know the way I talk/write, then you will know that whether I am being serious or sarcastic depends on what I write in the parenthesis, if there is one, so in this case, I am serious, truly, unless you see a parenthesis.

Advice concerning Catholic morality is a good work, a spiritual work of mercy,

Okay, what kind of Catholic morality are you talking about? Let us start with what you said about the graduate schools. Would you mind to demonstrate/enumerate what "rotten stuff" are taught in my degree? Intermediate Value Theorem? Extreme Value Theorem? Mean Value Theorem? Bolzano-Weierstrass Theorem? Continuity of Composition? Algebra of Limit? Fundamental Theorem of Calculus? Uniform Continuity? Uniform Differentiability? Those are a representative, though incomplete, list, of what I was taught in my program. (This paragraph may appear sarcastic, but it is serious.)

Or "forcing teachers to teach from books that don't even appear to fit the course title"? Not sure where you get this. Sure, sometimes my professors will teach some thing from (such as) an Analysis II or Algebra II course in (such as) an Analysis I or Algebra I course. For instance, Galois Theory should not appear in Algebra I but should appear in Algebra II. If you mean this, sure, something not appeared in the course title. But they are still relevant, and they are not forced to teach or mention them. Otherwise, I see nothing not in the course title. And again, remember that my school make the Ivy League appear conservative. (This paragraph may also appear sarcastic, but it is also serious. Maybe I should define "serious" and "sarcastic" next time.)

So morality? I think it is just a lack of understanding of what is going around you.

Okay, then what is the danger of going to an SSPX school? Do they teach you that it is okay to starve Terri Schiavo to death because her husband has the right before God to end her life? Or because one single Una Cum Mass is more offensive to God than all abortions combined, because one offense against the First Commandment is infinitely more grievous than all offenses against the Fifth Commandment? Truly really Scholastic Theology, huh? Not sure if my friend's kids (as well as my kids in the future) can be smart enough to understand this kind of higher-logic proof. (The last two sentences are being sarcastic; I have to make it clear.) Or just because they do not subscribe to the Sedevacantist opinion, which no one has the authority to condemn the non-subscribers as Heretics.

Again, so morality? Well, not too much concerned.

and is not equivalent to telling someone he is less Catholic.

Well, sure, true, but you can ask some Priests and tell them "father, someone appear to have no problem going to a private school to pursue degree(s), we need to do something", and then weeks later an article titled "Why It Is A Mortal Sin To Attend Non-Catholic College", based on the teaching of Aquinas, Bellarmine, Liguori, Gotti, Soto, Cano, Medina, Hugon, Suarez, Molina, Vasquez, Tanner, Valencia, etc. Example I: You go to a private college, then you show external approval of their feminist and LGBTQ agenda, and you cannot withdraw your intention from that, no matter which department/program you enter and what degree you pursue. Example II: Since your degree will be approved by your deans, professors and advisors, and will finally be conferred by your president/superintendent/rector, many of whom hold heretical and immoral views, then the act of receiving a diploma from them, especially with the signature from the head of your school, is an act of recognizing them as some legitimate academic superiors, therefore recognizing their evil agenda. But for now, I am ashamed proud of the program that I just graduated from, and I am also ashamed proud of the school I am going to enter, despite all the nonsense in other departments. Then, "with thunderous applause" to this article, many people will be determined to say that GPRW is not only less Catholic (of course, we cannot be more or less Catholic, only Catholic or not Catholic), but also not a Catholic at all. (Quiz: Do you know where does "with thunderous applause" come from?) (Oh, almost forgot to say, this paragraph is not quite, at least kind of, sarcastic.)

I would also advise you to give up the sickening sarcasm.

Eh, first of all, do you think I will listen to what you advise this time? And you know what I feel to be truly sickening? Generally speaking, I am more sickened by being told (at least suggested, with a fairly warning tone) by someone to do or not to do something based on that person's assertion of whether doing/not doing this is (at least potentially) sinful or not, normally but not always based on your application of what some clerics have taught from the pulpit, while such assertion can even be factually wrong, not to mention theologically. This reminds me long time ago, I listened to an episode on TR, and a speaker (host, guest, whatever) said one of the reasons why their annual price is more fair than Netflix is because Netflix does not produce any original shows/movies (actually Netflix produces a lot). (I wanted to attach a Joker GIF here, because this is how I felt when I heard it, but somehow I refrained from doing so. Really not sure why I refrained, but I am serious, because if I am sarcastic this time, you will see I attaching the GIF anyway; but you will not see it.)

[Internal Monologue: This time, I only came out with only one GIF or meme, which is the aforementioned Joker one. How can this happen? I should be very good at doing this. Maybe because I am too serious this time? But why I cannot come out with a meme or GIF in that quite sarcastic paragraph? Umm, anyway, this does not matter now, let me conclude this reply and post it.]

The following users thanked this post: Matto

GPRW

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 02:14:47 PM »
Also, Queen of All Saints Academy now offers online, interactive home schooling programs https://www.qasonline.org 
Thank you for this, I will tell him to send an email to Fr Uttley, and also ask him what he thinks about an online program.

The following users thanked this post: Mysterium Fidei

Rubecorks

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2017, 04:51:54 PM »

Okay, let me be serious this time, unless I specified the contrary, okay? Note: If you know the way I talk/write, then you will know that whether I am being serious or sarcastic depends on what I write in the parenthesis, if there is one, so in this case, I am serious, truly, unless you see a parenthesis.

Okay, what kind of Catholic morality are you talking about? Let us start with what you said about the graduate schools. Would you mind to demonstrate/enumerate what "rotten stuff" are taught in my degree? Intermediate Value Theorem? Extreme Value Theorem? Mean Value Theorem? Bolzano-Weierstrass Theorem? Continuity of Composition? Algebra of Limit? Fundamental Theorem of Calculus? Uniform Continuity? Uniform Differentiability? Those are a representative, though incomplete, list, of what I was taught in my program. (This paragraph may appear sarcastic, but it is serious.)

Or "forcing teachers to teach from books that don't even appear to fit the course title"? Not sure where you get this. Sure, sometimes my professors will teach some thing from (such as) an Analysis II or Algebra II course in (such as) an Analysis I or Algebra I course. For instance, Galois Theory should not appear in Algebra I but should appear in Algebra II. If you mean this, sure, something not appeared in the course title. But they are still relevant, and they are not forced to teach or mention them. Otherwise, I see nothing not in the course title. And again, remember that my school make the Ivy League appear conservative. (This paragraph may also appear sarcastic, but it is also serious. Maybe I should define "serious" and "sarcastic" next time.)

So morality? I think it is just a lack of understanding of what is going around you.

Okay, then what is the danger of going to an SSPX school? Do they teach you that it is okay to starve Terri Schiavo to death because her husband has the right before God to end her life? Or because one single Una Cum Mass is more offensive to God than all abortions combined, because one offense against the First Commandment is infinitely more grievous than all offenses against the Fifth Commandment? Truly really Scholastic Theology, huh? Not sure if my friend's kids (as well as my kids in the future) can be smart enough to understand this kind of higher-logic proof. (The last two sentences are being sarcastic; I have to make it clear.) Or just because they do not subscribe to the Sedevacantist opinion, which no one has the authority to condemn the non-subscribers as Heretics.

Well, sure, true, but you can ask some Priests and tell them "father, someone appear to have no problem going to a private school to pursue degree(s), we need to do something", and then weeks later an article titled "Why It Is A Mortal Sin To Attend Non-Catholic College", based on the teaching of Aquinas, Bellarmine, Liguori, Gotti, Soto, Cano, Medina, Hugon, Suarez, Molina, Vasquez, Tanner, Valencia, etc. Example I: You go to a private college, then you show external approval of their feminist and LGBTQ agenda, and you cannot withdraw your intention from that, no matter which department/program you enter and what degree you pursue. Example II: Since your degree will be approved by your deans, professors and advisors, and will finally be conferred by your president/superintendent/rector, many of whom hold heretical and immoral views, then the act of receiving a diploma from them, especially with the signature from the head of your school, is an act of recognizing them as some legitimate academic superiors, therefore recognizing their evil agenda. But for now, I am ashamed proud of the program that I just graduated from, and I am also ashamed proud of the school I am going to enter, despite all the nonsense in other departments. Then, "with thunderous applause" to this article, many people will be determined to say that GPRW is not only less Catholic (of course, we cannot be more or less Catholic, only Catholic or not Catholic), but also not a Catholic at all. (Quiz: Do you know where does "with thunderous applause" come from?) (Oh, almost forgot to say, this paragraph is not quite, at least kind of, sarcastic.)

Eh, first of all, do you think I will listen to what you advise this time? And you know what I feel to be truly sickening? Generally speaking, I am more sickened by being told (at least suggested, with a fairly warning tone) by someone to do or not to do something based on that person's assertion of whether doing/not doing this is (at least potentially) sinful or not, normally but not always based on your application of what some clerics have taught from the pulpit, while such assertion can even be factually wrong, not to mention theologically. This reminds me long time ago, I listened to an episode on TR, and a speaker (host, guest, whatever) said one of the reasons why their annual price is more fair than Netflix is because Netflix does not produce any original shows/movies (actually Netflix produces a lot). (I wanted to attach a Joker GIF here, because this is how I felt when I heard it, but somehow I refrained from doing so. Really not sure why I refrained, but I am serious, because if I am sarcastic this time, you will see I attaching the GIF anyway; but you will not see it.)

[Internal Monologue: This time, I only came out with only one GIF or meme, which is the aforementioned Joker one. How can this happen? I should be very good at doing this. Maybe because I am too serious this time? But why I cannot come out with a meme or GIF in that quite sarcastic paragraph? Umm, anyway, this does not matter now, let me conclude this reply and post it.]

This thread is about an SSPX school and Mass center. I am not going to comment here about higher secular university that you now bring over here from another thread about your visa wherein you already objected to my opinion, and I decided to leave it with your last word. It appears you have nevertheless been stewing about it since then.

The SSPX teach against the faith things contrary to the nature of the papacy, the magisterium and infallibility. We have a moral obligation to stay away from that and keep our children away from it. Living daily with priests who completely ignore a man they say is the pope, is TOTALLY unacceptable and harmful to the faith.

It is a false principle to not listen to another Catholic on a moral matter JUST BECAUSE you felt he was wrong on a previous and different matter. That is a logical fallacy - guilt by association, non-sequitur.

GPRW

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2017, 11:14:35 PM »

This thread is about an SSPX school and Mass center. I am not going to comment here about higher secular university that you now bring over here from another thread about your visa wherein you already objected to my opinion, and I decided to leave it with your last word. It appears you have nevertheless been stewing about it since then.

The SSPX teach against the faith things contrary to the nature of the papacy, the magisterium and infallibility. We have a moral obligation to stay away from that and keep our children away from it. Living daily with priests who completely ignore a man they say is the pope, is TOTALLY unacceptable and harmful to the faith.

It is a false principle to not listen to another Catholic on a moral matter JUST BECAUSE you felt he was wrong on a previous and different matter. That is a logical fallacy - guilt by association, non-sequitur.
No, you did not get it: I felt (using your word) you are wrong on this, too. And no, we are not obligated to stay away from SSPX schools. Attending Una Cum Mass is not a mortal sin, whatever ipse dixit you want to believe in, and their teachings on Papacy are not on the level of being heretical. There have been articles arguing for and against these things, so I am not going to get deep again.

By the way, so you made up some random, non-existent garbage and asserted them to be true in my previous thread, for what? To show how righteous (read: self-righteous) you are? To show what a great Saint you are? Then you left with my last words. Are you some kind of a troll?

Most importantly, going to a Catholic school is for the purpose of gaining a solid foundation in Catholic Faith, and making errors on the Church in a confusing time does not ruin the foundation of Catholic Faith. Only some most hysterical, obsessive dogmatic Sedevacantists, also known as the self-appointed heretic-hunters and "Inquisitors", will make some theological conclusions which account at most 3 pages out of a 4000-page Latin manual to the level of a matter of faith and an indicator of whether someone is Catholic or not, but no mentally sane and stable teachers will argue over whether Canon Law, Canonization, etc are infallible or whether there needs a trial to determine and remove a heretic all day long and no mentally sane and stable children will be interested in rising these issues to be the center of their life-school life, social life, religious life, etc.

And again, who should I listen to? Some Priests who believe it is okay to starve Terri Schiavo to death? Some self-appointed "Scholastic" who claims one single Una Cum Mass is more offensive to God than all abortions combined?

By the way, no, this thread is not about SSPX schools and Mass centers. It is about finding a Sedevacantist school if possible, while the SSPX schools are only secondary choices. This point is clear. While not explicitly stated, it is nevertheless easy and reasonable to infer that my friend already knows the SSPX options and is not exploring it anymore, since if a person can immigrate legally, he should be able to navigate a nicely-designed website of a uniform, global priestly network easily. However, if you interpret in another way, I can understand, since I did not state the context very abundantly. But regardless, just see, this is how the brain of you guys (plural) work: (1) Your brain is so sensitive on your narrow focuses that for anything related to one of them, no matter how strong or weak the connection is, you get immediately pinned to that topic; (2) Your brain is so restrained on how many information you can process or how many questions you can deal with simultaneously that when you get pinned to a minor point, you cannot even answer the main question, which is whether there are Sedevacantist schools in Canada or not in this case.

Anyway, just check, do you know any Sedevacantist schools in Canada?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 08:19:37 AM by GPRW »

The following users thanked this post: Matto