Author Topic: Any Traditional Catholic schools in Canada?  (Read 326 times)

Rubecorks

Re: Any Traditional Catholic schools in Canada?
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2017, 10:42:01 AM »
The OP of this thread mentions SSPX as a possibility, so it's appropriate that I talk about it.

If I saw someone running for a cliff, I would scream to avert the danger. I am here merely in hope to avert a disaster to a Catholic family.

The SSPX truly not only believe, but LIVE the belief daily that true pope can give poison in a liturgy. It's their raison d'Ítre. That was condemned by the Church, and the SSPX clergy and faithful live and breath in that idea daily as they conscious avoid a liturgy created by who they say was a true pope. They have fallen into some horrible errors against the faith stemming from that error. They believe a true pope can be the head of a false Church. Enough said. Regardless of how annoyed you are by it, it needs to be said. Historically the missionaries annoyed those people they wanted to help with the truth.

One point I need to correct, Fr. Cekada did not teach it is okay to starve people to death. He was applying the Catholic moral teaching about extraordinary means of sustaining life, and according the books, feeding with a stomach tube was extraordinary. At the time, he didn't know that the Schiavo woman could also take nourishment through her mouth. Fr. Cekada later said that it would be a mortal sin not to feed someone who could be fed through the mouth. You need to stop calumniating Fr. Cekada and throwing mud as sedevacantists thereby.

GPRW

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2017, 01:34:16 PM »
The OP of this thread mentions SSPX as a possibility, so it's appropriate that I talk about it.

If I saw someone running for a cliff, I would scream to avert the danger. I am here merely in hope to avert a disaster to a Catholic family.

The SSPX truly not only believe, but LIVE the belief daily that true pope can give poison in a liturgy. It's their raison d'Ítre. That was condemned by the Church, and the SSPX clergy and faithful live and breath in that idea daily as they conscious avoid a liturgy created by who they say was a true pope. They have fallen into some horrible errors against the faith stemming from that error. They believe a true pope can be the head of a false Church. Enough said. Regardless of how annoyed you are by it, it needs to be said. Historically the missionaries annoyed those people they wanted to help with the truth.

One point I need to correct, Fr. Cekada did not teach it is okay to starve people to death. He was applying the Catholic moral teaching about extraordinary means of sustaining life, and according the books, feeding with a stomach tube was extraordinary. At the time, he didn't know that the Schiavo woman could also take nourishment through her mouth. Fr. Cekada later said that it would be a mortal sin not to feed someone who could be fed through the mouth. You need to stop calumniating Fr. Cekada and throwing mud as sedevacantists thereby.

Sure, but the fact that you talked about SSPX Schools so much that you would not even mention my main question (whether there are Sedevacantist schools in Canada) is the first proof that you have mental problem: You cannot pay attention to other things, even the major ones, when you are talking about a secondary point, and you are so submerged in that point that you will not come back to the major point later.

And no, although you can argue this is their belief (even this point is not true for many, since many have suspended their judgements), this is hardly any belief they live in. Pope or not is just something they barely even think about nor talk about most days. Eucharist, Penance, Prayer, and as such, these are the things they live in. This is the second proof that you have mental problem: Obsessed with something people do not notice or talk about, and staring at the people on whether they agree with you on this issue or not.

The missionary argument is a circular proof: You preach something to me, and if I agree, I love the truth, and if not, I do not love the truth. True, the missionaries in the past would think in this way, but they would not say in this way, nor act in this way. Did you see the missionaries write a big label in public saying "Trust Jesus Or Go To Hell"? Did they interrupt their pagan ceremonies by preaching that Jesus is God? No, they spent time with them, because they understood they not only could achieve nothing but also would lost their own life, thus severing the future opportunity of converting pagans, so in most cases it would take years to convert them. I have experiences of converting people from nearly ten religions, including Atheism. I have been spending months or even years with all of them. In those years, I normally talked to them about random things, and I inserted religious issues from time to time, all through my plan, calculated on macro-level and spontaneous on micro-level. A German friend of a similar age even asked me if I could be his godparent. So why would you expect something to work out soon with a fellow Catholic who has a quite fixed point already? This is an example of the fast food culture, by the way. Relax, man, relax, calm down and slow down. This is the third proof that you have mental problem: You cannot refrain yourself from interrupting and dragging the people from their topic to your topic, and if you think what the people are doing are really harmful but you cannot stop them on this step, you cannot understand that you have plenty of time to spend with them in the future by making friends with them and keeping contacts with them, talking about the things you believe to be important from time to time.

And how you tried to make this work out? By derailing from the topic and spreading calumnious information, first on my schools, then about SSPX faithfuls, based on your imagination. You think you are like a missionary? You are just behaving like a fool and a swine. This is the fourth proof that you have mental problem: You just live in your imaginative world, creating your own reality, most likely a reality in which most or all people are deceived, at least being horrible in one form or another, while only you or a few people know the truth.

Another personal experience to share (not sarcastic this time, I swear it is true experience): When I was in high school, I volunteered to serve in an children's autism institution. Do you know what difficulties I encountered with these children? Here are some: (1) When they talked to you, they could not talk about the main issues you brought on; (2) When they talked to you, they always wanted you to affirm what they believe; (3) When they talked to you, they always interrupted you and tried to divert the topic to what they wanted to talk about; (4) When they did not talk to you, they normally live in their own reality, though normally not dark but beautiful, which you can observe not through their words since they neither interacted with your nor interrupted you, but through their behaviors. I think point (4) was the most common state of their behavior, and after having so many years on the Internet, encountering so many fouls and lunatics, I began to appreciate those children, since they normally keep their problems alone.

Okay, so much memory flash. Back to Father Cekada. The meaning of "extraordinary vs ordinary" is disputed by other traditional Priests. Father Stepanich made the point that "extraordinary" can mean not intrinsic to human functions. In this sense, walking between New York and Boston is an ordinary means, while taking a train is an extraordinary means. But it can also mean something rare and/or uncommon. In this sense, taking a train between New York and Boston is an ordinary means, while walking is an extraordinary means. Feeding tube is not rare/uncommon. On the contrary, it is an ordinary way to sustain the life of handicapped patients; they are ordinary from the handicapped now. At least this is the opinion of Father Stepanich.

In addition, even if we have no obligation to rescue, it is still mortally sinful to prevent the rescue attempts. This is the point. The Florida State Court ordered armed guards to prevent anyone from attempting to help Terri Schiavo, and this is murder. There is no other way around.

Finally, again, for calumny, how ironic and pathetic is it to see you screaming "stop calumniating"? Who will you calumniate in the next reply (if you will reply)? My parents? Amazon employees? Springer editors? Shipping company drivers? Restaurant waitresses? If you think we might one day see each other in person, you better shut your loud, filthy mouth now.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 02:04:34 PM by GPRW »

The following users thanked this post: Matto, Troubled Teen

Rubecorks

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2017, 04:33:04 PM »

Sure, but the fact that you talked about SSPX Schools so much that you would not even mention my main question (whether there are Sedevacantist schools in Canada) is the first proof that you have mental problem: You cannot pay attention to other things, even the major ones, when you are talking about a secondary point, and you are so submerged in that point that you will not come back to the major point later.

If someone comes to me and says he is looking to eat healthy food A, but that he wouldn't mind eating poison food B. Logical priority demands that I FOCUS precisely on getting out of his mind that eating B is good. Perfectly normal and expected for me to do so. Only people who don't understand that it is poison will berate that focus and call it an obsession.

TKGS

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2017, 08:16:58 PM »
I have to agree with Rubecorks on this one.

I haven't responded because I really don't know the situation in Canada.  The only thing I really know about Canada is that the people there are generally polite liberals and some of them speak French.

The following users thanked this post: Troubled Teen

Rubecorks

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2017, 08:34:37 PM »

I haven't responded because I really don't know the situation in Canada.  The only thing I really know about Canada is that the people there are generally polite liberals and some of them speak French.

From what I have experienced, polite until you disagree morally with them! Then, watch out!

2Vermont

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2017, 08:39:24 PM »

Did you forget ice hockey, Molson beer, and Bob and Doug McKenzie, eh?
"Anything, but sedevacantism"

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)

TKGS

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2017, 09:41:33 PM »

Did you forget ice hockey, Molson beer, and Bob and Doug McKenzie, eh?

I don't know the McKenzie's, I preferred Labatts when I was stationed at Fort Drum (30 miles south of the boarder), and you mentioned something about...ice?

GPRW

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2017, 11:21:29 PM »

If someone comes to me and says he is looking to eat healthy food A, but that he wouldn't mind eating poison food B. Logical priority demands that I FOCUS precisely on getting out of his mind that eating B is good. Perfectly normal and expected for me to do so. Only people who don't understand that it is poison will berate that focus and call it an obsession.

Situation 1: If the poisonous food can kill that person instantly or in a very short period of time, then you have to tell them quickly since it would not take long to produce irreversible detrimental outcomes (physical death, or at least sever physical damage). While it is not likely to make any difference in most scenarios, this is the only choice. But going to SSPX schools and Masses, even if truly harmful, does not produce irreversible detrimental outcomes in a short period of time (damnation to Hell), and you have plenty of time to reverse it.

Situation 2: If it takes time for the poisonous food to cause damage, and he orders such food because he cannot control himself, just like how frequent drinkers and smokers cannot control themselves, then you have to help him control and refrain himself, rather than tell him he should not eat such food. While for going to SSPX Masses and schools, it is caused by a conscious belief that it is not mortally sinful to go.

Situation 3: If it takes time for the poisonous food to cause damage, and he only order this particular type of poisonous food in his life and no any other types, then you only have to show the proof to on him why this particular food is poisonous. However, going to SSPX schools and Masses derives from a series of judgements on a variety of issues, and we hold a number of other judgments which you disagree.

Situation 4: If it takes time for the poisonous food to cause damage, and he has a system of judgements on what types of food are healthy and what types of food are unhealthy, then then you have to systematically telling him why his system is wrong, rather than telling him some particular type of food is poisonous from nowhere, with proofs. This is the only comparable situation, and similarly, you have to systematically show me why I am wrong, rather than just come with a command-toned assertion without proof. Also, if someone is going to order some poisonous food, it is reasonable to believe he is hungry, so you are being a weirdo by dragging him from ordering the healthy food, which may result him to slap you on face or even push you to a car if you refuse to let him go. And after wasting his time, for a complex question, it is inevitable that he would not be convinced quickly, so he might order whatever food that are available, which might actually be some types of food which are even more poisonous. Bad for both, no? Similarly, for SSPX schools and Masses, if you just cannot stop wasting our time on this issue, maybe wasting time so much that we have not even found any information on Sedevacantist schools, while the new job offer had been long given and immigration visa is available, then my friend may end up in a place with even no SSPX school, thus going to a public school.

In fact, in both the example and the real case, you have to be prepared to spend months or even a few years. Unless the one who is going for poisonous food has advanced, professional medical training, then his knowledge on this issue, no matter how strong, is amateur, which means it is not unreachable to you, no matter how far. Similarly, since I am not a Scholastic theologian, my theology knowledge is only amateur, so it is also not unreachable for you. This means if you want to spend time with him and at least try to be fairly competent and knowledgeable on the relevant field, you may still convince him before the irreversible damage is done. I have converted a number of people, some simple, some sophisticated, from various religious, all within two years from beginning to talk to them on religious issues, and they positively, directly affirmed that I am the primary factor of their conversion, so this is not myself being boastful. But this can happen also because I am not only a normal person but also has some level of charisma, both of which you lack, unfortunately.

Beside the above, there is another crucial difference between eating food and choosing school. People eat food everyday, and most people eat different food in different days, so if a person does not get poisonous food today, he can get tomorrow. But choosing school and Mass center does not contain a sequence of choices, which means you do not choose one school or Mass center and choose another tomorrow. If you my friend decides to go to a Sedevacantist school and Mass center, then he will at least stay for a few years, say, three years, and in these years, you have plenty of time to convince him not to go to SSPX places in the future.

But most importantly, poisonous food can cause decay on your whole body, in some cases it just slows down certain functions, while in some other cases it totally affects your life, such as you may need to take medicines constantly, but not understanding 2-3 pages of some Scholastic theological conclusions on ecclesiology does not change what you believe, nor change your life. You believe in Real Presence and Immaculate Conception today, you believe in the rest of your life; you receive Eucharist, do Penance, and say Prayers today, you do the rest of your life.

Actually, this particular example shares another parallel with this particular real case (only for my case): I will laugh my teeth out in both cases. For the school case, who do you think you are? You have neither the authority of the Church nor the superior knowledge on Scholastic theology, why should you expect me to listen to you, a man who almost never talked to me before? While I do not claim to have advanced knowledge in theology, I nevertheless have a strong interest in theology; look at my theological resource contributions, they are just a tip of iceberg of my reading list. And more importantly, you definitely do not have superior knowledge, nor have even remotely comparable interest in genuine theology. Similarly, while I also do not have advanced medical knowledge, nevertheless several members in my family are medical professionals, some of whom had graduated from top-tier medical schools (Tokyo, Johns Hopkins) and worked in disease control, and I consult them. So again, who do you think you are? You think I would listen to your advice, if my family members tell me it is okay? You are a cute man, really cute man; even a random example can give me an extra chance to laugh hard.

Your problem is the same problem as many other dogmatic Sedevacantists have, at least those who post on the Internet: Full of self-importancy, not having deep level of knowledge, and unable to talk to the others like a normal person.

I have talked to a friend, about my temper management issues, and you are a reason for tempting my temper. Also, this is some other people's forum, so I do not want to make him awkward anymore.

This is my last reply to you, and I wish you can also leave this thread alone so that I will not receive useless email notifications or see some useless post occupying the space.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 09:37:42 AM by GPRW »