Author Topic: Eastern Rite Catholics  (Read 439 times)

2Vermont

Re: Eastern Rite Catholics
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2017, 03:20:01 PM »
Vinny:  why are you having so much difficulty with the quote function? 
"Anything, but sedevacantism"

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)

Vinny Zee

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2017, 03:22:51 PM »

How's that?

Ha ha, I don't know. Before I was criticized for not properly using it and leaving entire trees rather than the pertinent part. I guess I am deleting something out. I'll try harder

2Vermont

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2017, 03:36:05 PM »

How's that?

Ha ha, I don't know. Before I was criticized for not properly using it and leaving entire trees rather than the pertinent part. I guess I am deleting something out. I'll try harder

OK, I think I know what the problem is then.....

When you decide to cut out just one quote you want, make sure that you include the associated "quote" (in brackets) part at the beginning in addition to the "/quote" (in brackets)part at the end.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 03:37:48 PM by 2Vermont »

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)

Troubled Teen

• TTF Novice
  • I'm the guy who sucks (plus I got depression)
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2017, 03:46:55 PM »
Now Rubecorks and TKGS are just fault-finding for the sake of it.
"Man knoweth not whether he be worthy of love, or hatred." - Ecclesiastes 9:1

"In the present time the directive is to stick to the essentials of Christianity: to flee the world, believe in Christ, do all the good that one can, strive for detachment from created things, avoid false prophets and remember death." - Fr. Leonardo Castellani

2Vermont

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2017, 04:20:26 PM »

I disagree.  I think the terms being casually thrown about are confusing at best and dangerous at worst.

The following users thanked this post: Nick

Rubecorks

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2017, 04:25:47 PM »

Translated; it means you don't believe what we say are problems really are problems. Which is useless on a "discussion" forum. Better that you say what, and why. Don't leave everyone guessing what you think.

Rubecorks

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2017, 04:31:17 PM »

How's that?

OK, I think I know what the problem is then.....

When you decide to cut out just one quote you want, make sure that you include the associated "quote" (in brackets) part at the beginning in addition to the "/quote" (in brackets)part at the end.

For one thing, for every "bracket-quote-bracket" in a post, there should be a "bracket-/quote-bracket" somewhere after it. Best to use the Preview button until you get it right and then click Post.

Nick

• In necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus caritas.
  • TTF Novice
  • Memento Mori
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2017, 04:34:19 PM »
On a similar note, why do you [ T.T.]  present yourself as 'a teen'?
"Now when [a pope] is explicitly a heretic, he falls ipso facto from his dignity and out of the Church, and the Church must either deprive him, or, as some say, declare him deprived, of his Apostolic See, and must say as St. Peter did: Let another take his bishopric.".      St. Francis de Sales.

The following users thanked this post: Troubled Teen, Rubecorks

TKGS

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2017, 05:34:48 PM »
No.  I don't think so.  If words are misused then actual communication becomes impossible which only serves the interests of the enemy of Truth.  This really has been a problem in this discussion even if the error is as simple as capitalizing "orthodox" when the intent is not to identify the Eastern Orthodox.

On a similar note, why do you [ T.T.]  present yourself as 'a teen'?
I've often wondered this as well since TT is clearly not a teen. 

Nick

• In necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus caritas.
  • TTF Novice
  • Memento Mori
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2017, 05:42:08 PM »
Paging 'Peter Pan'  :o
"Now when [a pope] is explicitly a heretic, he falls ipso facto from his dignity and out of the Church, and the Church must either deprive him, or, as some say, declare him deprived, of his Apostolic See, and must say as St. Peter did: Let another take his bishopric.".      St. Francis de Sales.

The following users thanked this post: Troubled Teen