Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 712 times)

2Vermont

Re: Howdy
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2018, 03:50:17 PM »
Welcome.  Is that you in the picture?

No, that's Russell Crowe from the movie Robin Hood. I started using the moniker "Archer" in 2013, and the avatar suits me in more ways than one. 

Hi Archer...I remember you from SD.  Welcome.

Thank you! I remember you as well.

I'm not sure that you do since I was not "2Vermont" on SD.  I was Petrie.
"Anything, but sedevacantism"

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)

Archer

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2018, 07:55:04 AM »
Do you bow hunt?

Welcome!  :beer:

I do not. Not against hunting, just never done it. I've done target shooting with a bow, but that was ages ago.
I do own a 9mm, but I need to get a bow. ;D

Archer

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2018, 08:00:06 AM »
It's been frightfully cold! We got over a foot of snow on Thursday and then the the temps plummeted (below zero).  :tongue: I didn't mind the snow too much but I was especially thankful that we didn't lose power! My husband and I could have gone to a hotel (and taken the cats) but we have a bunny who isn't quite as portable...

I text frequently with my brother-in-law (I'm sure you actually know him from the chapel), and he was telling me about the storm up there. It's just been frigid in my neck of the woods.
I like winter and don't mind the snow, but those Nor'easter's are not something I miss. They get old after 6+ months of winter year after year.

Archer

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2018, 08:01:31 AM »
Oh.  Ok.  Didn't know there was a new Robin Hood movie.  I only knew of two Robin Hood movies.  The one starring Errol Flynn and the animated one where Robin is a fox.

I grew up watching both of those. The Errol Flynn version is, to this day, a personal favorite.  8)

I'm not sure that you do since I was not "2Vermont" on SD.  I was Petrie.

Yes, I remember you.  ;)

The following users thanked this post: 2Vermont

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
  • Divínum auxílium ✝ máneat semper nobíscum
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018, 12:01:24 PM »
Welcome, Archer!
I wear it for a memorable honor,
For I am Welsh, you know, good countryman.

The following users thanked this post: Archer

Archer

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 10:56:40 AM »
Welcome, Archer!

Thanks, Mith! Look forward to getting to know everyone.

Rubecorks

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2018, 08:03:06 PM »
From what I remember, you were aggressively anti-sede, and after your wife joined and really found out what was going on in your forum world, you realized you needed to pull back there on SD and get out of it. That was my impression.

Archer

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2018, 10:10:20 AM »
From what I remember, you were aggressively anti-sede, and after your wife joined and really found out what was going on in your forum world, you realized you needed to pull back there on SD and get out of it. That was my impression.

I was aggressively anti-idiot.

Don't disrespect my wife; her membership had nothing to do with my decision to leave. She read the forum before she joined, and we communicated often about its members and goings on. It was a huge part of my life, but one that took up too much time since management was, for all intents and purposes, left to myself and one other mod. When Kaese "suspended" me after he and I disagreed about my strict moderation of a public sexual conversation, I knew it was time to leave. That, and I couldn't keep up with moderation while working 60-80 hour weeks on top of school.

Probably more of an explanation than you deserve, but that was what happened. If anyone else wants more details I'd prefer to discuss them in private. Despite not talking with him for the better part of 3 years, Kaese is a good Catholic man and was a good personal friend of mine.

The following users thanked this post: Lynne

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
  • Divínum auxílium ✝ máneat semper nobíscum
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2018, 11:42:11 AM »
Modding a forum is difficult.

A forum is ultimately a publication, with the owners giving license to users to use the platform to publish their thoughts.  That being the case, there are tricky and unclear moral obligations in terms of what is allowed and what is not, when to intervene, when not to, etc.  Having modded three (or four, depending on if you count TTF 1.0) forums over the last five years or so, I know it's not uncommon for disagreements in vision, strategy, and morality to be a common source of tension "behind the scenes" of a given forum.  It's a very imperfect science!   
I wear it for a memorable honor,
For I am Welsh, you know, good countryman.

The following users thanked this post: Nick, Lynne, Archer

Rubecorks

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2018, 11:43:32 AM »

I was aggressively anti-idiot.

Don't disrespect my wife; her membership had nothing to do with my decision to leave. She read the forum before she joined, and we communicated often about its members and goings on. It was a huge part of my life, but one that took up too much time since management was, for all intents and purposes, left to myself and one other mod. When Kaese "suspended" me after he and I disagreed about my strict moderation of a public sexual conversation, I knew it was time to leave. That, and I couldn't keep up with moderation while working 60-80 hour weeks on top of school.

Probably more of an explanation than you deserve, but that was what happened. If anyone else wants more details I'd prefer to discuss them in private. Despite not talking with him for the better part of 3 years, Kaese is a good Catholic man and was a good personal friend of mine.

When someone suspects a man's wife of having a significant influence on a decision of his, you actully consider that to be disrespecting his wife?!