Author Topic: Mel Gibson  (Read 151 times)

Archer

Mel Gibson
« on: January 10, 2018, 10:27:58 AM »
I haven't heard much about him over the last few years. I know he's working on The Resurrection, but am curious if anyone knows anything about his situation. Is he still a practicing Traditional Catholic? Any reliable resources about him after his "fall from grace?"

TKGS

Re: Mel Gibson
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 10:45:49 AM »
I haven't heard anything about him in a couple of years, at least.  Last time I remember anything being said about him was when he divorced his wife and his independent chapel declared the marriage null so that he could marry his girlfriend.  Never heard whether they got married or not.

annamack

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 02:19:59 PM »
I haven't heard anything about him in a couple of years, at least.  Last time I remember anything being said about him was when he divorced his wife and his independent chapel declared the marriage null so that he could marry his girlfriend.  Never heard whether they got married or not.

Yeah, that sounds really traditional  ::)

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
  • Divínum auxílium ✝ máneat semper nobíscum
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 03:18:54 PM »

Seriously?  I find that very hard to believe, especially considering that Mel's of the "old priest or no priest" variety, so any priest at Holy Family Chapel is a priest who was ordained and incardinated before 1965 (or 1958, or somewhere in there).  Anyways, there was a poster on CI who I believe attend(ed/s) Mel's chapel and said some things about him, that he still attends mass every Sunday but doesn't go up for Holy Communion.  I can't recall the poster's name.

If it's the girl he had a baby with, they haven't been together for some time, I don't think. 
I wear it for a memorable honor,
For I am Welsh, you know, good countryman.

TKGS

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 05:57:22 PM »

Seriously?  I find that very hard to believe, especially considering that Mel's of the "old priest or no priest" variety, so any priest at Holy Family Chapel is a priest who was ordained and incardinated before 1965 (or 1958, or somewhere in there).  Anyways, there was a poster on CI who I believe attend(ed/s) Mel's chapel and said some things about him, that he still attends mass every Sunday but doesn't go up for Holy Communion.  I can't recall the poster's name.

If it's the girl he had a baby with, they haven't been together for some time, I don't think.

That's where I had read it.  I found the post (https://www.cathinfo.com/crisis-in-the-church/mel-gibson-gets-an-annulment/) and now see that the source was traditio, so it's veracity is questionable.  I also found an article on Free Republic (http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-religion/2307790/posts) though the source link no longer works.

Who knows....?

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
  • Divínum auxílium ✝ máneat semper nobíscum
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 11:07:35 AM »
Mel is a good reminder of the importance of humility.

Traditional Catholics are by no means, and by no stretch, immune to the world, the flesh, and the devil. 
I wear it for a memorable honor,
For I am Welsh, you know, good countryman.

The following users thanked this post: Archer

Archer

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 11:21:41 AM »
Mel is a good reminder of the importance of humility.

Traditional Catholics are by no means, and by no stretch, immune to the world, the flesh, and the devil.

Amen. From the cursory looking I've done, it sounds like he's still living in sin and has now had children with 3 different women.

This is a decent article, and a cleaner summary than most of the trash out there. You get the gist of what happened over the last decade.

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/slloyd/hollywoods-forgiveness-of-mel-gibson-is-no-substitute-for-divine-mercy

OmegaTrad

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 12:04:19 PM »
IMDB mentions four upcoming films, none of which are "The Resurrection." http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000154/  I think that might just be a rumor.  Like how he was rumored to be doing a Maccabbees movie and I think even a Viking movie.  I didn't see "Hacksaw Ridge" but wasn't it a big promotion of pacifism?  It looked advertised that way anyways.