Author Topic: Hawaii Ballistic Missile False Alarm  (Read 180 times)

Archer

Hawaii Ballistic Missile False Alarm
« on: January 14, 2018, 11:29:52 AM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-01-13/hawaiians-receive-inbound-ballistic-missile-threat-emergency-alert

What a mess. If it was human error, how do you screw that one up? If not, who did it?

TKGS

Re: Hawaii Ballistic Missile False Alarm
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 02:09:46 PM »
When I checked the news this morning to see the local weather, they ran a story on this.  The reporter said that the governor claims that "someone" pushed a wrong button during a shift change.

Take it for what it's worth.   :tongue:

2Vermont

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 06:00:30 PM »
When I checked the news this morning to see the local weather, they ran a story on this.  The reporter said that the governor claims that "someone" pushed a wrong button during a shift change.

Take it for what it's worth.   :tongue:

Really?  Someone pushed the wrong button?  What a joke.  There is definitely so much more to this story...but then again, I'm a trad:  I look for conspiracies around every corner.  :cig:
"Anything, but sedevacantism"

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)

OmegaTrad

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 11:52:49 AM »
There might have been an actual missile.  Something like this happened in Russia in the seventies or eighties, I think, and was kept under the radar for decades.  If it were as easy as "human error" for an alert like this to go out, it would have happened before.  My money is on an actual attack which was thwarted, and now they're trying to control the story.

Rubecorks

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 12:03:47 PM »
There might have been an actual missile.  Something like this happened in Russia in the seventies or eighties, I think, and was kept under the radar for decades.  If it were as easy as "human error" for an alert like this to go out, it would have happened before.  My money is on an actual attack which was thwarted, and now they're trying to control the story.

Considering the coincidence that Hawaii has recently become a more hightly potential target for a missile by news reports, naturally those who have the duty of giving warning likely made the button more easily accessible because in a situation like that every second really counts. And, whenever changing from ordinary routine, errors become more likely.

2Vermont

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 03:23:35 PM »

Certainly possible.

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)

Nick

• In necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus caritas.
  • TTF Novice
  • Memento Mori
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 09:13:07 PM »
I'm inclined towards the " it's a marker on the false flag timeline"
We've seen these types of 'test runs' b4. :cig:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 09:15:46 PM by Nick »
"Now when [a pope] is explicitly a heretic, he falls ipso facto from his dignity and out of the Church, and the Church must either deprive him, or, as some say, declare him deprived, of his Apostolic See, and must say as St. Peter did: Let another take his bishopric.".      St. Francis de Sales.

OmegaTrad

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 01:25:45 PM »

2Vermont

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 03:39:42 PM »
I'm pretty clueless about these things, but is it possible that someone hacked the alarm systems somehow ..and what we have is a security issue?

The following users thanked this post: Mithrandylan

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
  • Divínum auxílium ✝ máneat semper nobíscum
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 03:43:08 PM »
I'm pretty clueless about these things, but is it possible that someone hacked the alarm systems somehow ..and what we have is a security issue?

That's a really interesting thought.

Cyberwarfare is really scary.  Geography, power, and the usual predictors and limitators in disrupting national security are irrelevant.  It isn't like King Alfred's walls, where they're just too high well defended for raiders to scale.  If you get a hacker who knows what he's doing, chances are he can hack into anything.  Now, granted, nation-states have the best cyber-security measures in place by far, but my impression is that no security system is actually impervious if you get the right guy to attack it.  So, maybe.

I wear it for a memorable honor,
For I am Welsh, you know, good countryman.