Author Topic: Peter Chojnowski  (Read 239 times)

TKGS

Peter Chojnowski
« on: January 21, 2018, 01:52:46 PM »
I was reading a recent post from Peter Chojnowski's RadTrad Thomist blog (http://radtradthomist.chojnowski.me/).  Someone I know sent me the link.  In viewing his history, it seems he has a connection with Fr. Paul Kramer.

One think I can't rightly figure out is what his position is on the Conciliar papacy.  People have told me that Fr. Kramer is now a "resignationist" (i.e., he has decided that Ratzinger is the pope and that Bergoglio's election is invalid).  Does anyone know if this is also Chojnowski's opinion?  Are either of these men sedevacantists?  I'm just curious if anyone knows their opinion on the matter.  Does anyone know any background of Chojnowski?  His blog indicates that he's a doctor (I don't know if this is some sort of non-medical Ph.D. or if he is a medical doctor) and I'm wondering what his qualifications are or if his opinion should be treated much like an average forum member.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Rubecorks

Re: Peter Chojnowski
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 02:26:30 PM »
I was reading a recent post from Peter Chojnowski's RadTrad Thomist blog (http://radtradthomist.chojnowski.me/).  Someone I know sent me the link.  In viewing his history, it seems he has a connection with Fr. Paul Kramer.

One think I can't rightly figure out is what his position is on the Conciliar papacy.  People have told me that Fr. Kramer is now a "resignationist" (i.e., he has decided that Ratzinger is the pope and that Bergoglio's election is invalid).  Does anyone know if this is also Chojnowski's opinion?  Are either of these men sedevacantists?  I'm just curious if anyone knows their opinion on the matter.  Does anyone know any background of Chojnowski?  His blog indicates that he's a doctor (I don't know if this is some sort of non-medical Ph.D. or if he is a medical doctor) and I'm wondering what his qualifications are or if his opinion should be treated much like an average forum member.

Googling exactly the following brings up three links to read on that site that contain the term "sede vacante". I didn't read the links yet:

"sede vacante" site:http://radtradthomist.chojnowski.me/

Anonimus

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 03:26:44 PM »

According to Novus Ordo Watch:

"Dr. Chojnowski holds a Ph.D. in philosophy from Fordham University. An SSPX adherent, he is a popular speaker at various semi-traditionalist conferences. He recently started a blog called RadTrad Thomist."
https://novusordowatch.org/2017/08/chojnowski-gruner-francis-antipope/

No idea whether Dr. Chojnoski holds to "resignationism/benevacantism/sede-altarism," but Fr. Kramer certainly does.

I suppose you would have to consider that position as sedevacantist, since technically it holds the Holy See is vacant. 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 03:30:20 PM by Anonimus »

2Vermont

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 04:02:15 PM »

According to Novus Ordo Watch:

"Dr. Chojnowski holds a Ph.D. in philosophy from Fordham University. An SSPX adherent, he is a popular speaker at various semi-traditionalist conferences. He recently started a blog called RadTrad Thomist."
https://novusordowatch.org/2017/08/chojnowski-gruner-francis-antipope/

No idea whether Dr. Chojnoski holds to "resignationism/benevacantism/sede-altarism," but Fr. Kramer certainly does.

I suppose you would have to consider that position as sedevacantist, since technically it holds the Holy See is vacant.

If one believes that Benedict is the pope, how does that equate with a vacant See? 
"Anything, but sedevacantism"

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)

The following users thanked this post: annamack

TKGS

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 04:23:33 PM »
Resignationists consider the See of Peter to be occupied at this time by Ratzinger.  I suppose they will become sedevacantists when Ratzinger dies, but those I've read any commentary from have no problem believing Ratzinger is the pope.  After all, he still wears a white cassock.

2Vermont

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 05:22:52 PM »
Resignationists consider the See of Peter to be occupied at this time by Ratzinger.  I suppose they will become sedevacantists when Ratzinger dies, but those I've read any commentary from have no problem believing Ratzinger is the pope.  After all, he still wears a white cassock.

Nah, they won't become sedes when Ratzinger dies. 

See tagline.

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)

Francis

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 10:07:25 AM »

So when Ratzinger dies some of the resignationists might become Sedevacantists? Surely they need to disavow Vatican11 and all the concilliar "popes" and become Catholics in order to be Sedevacantist..
Incidentally Ratzinger was/is no different to Bergoglio. He (Ratzinger) employed the cover of seeming orthodoxy (tradition) to cloak his modernist/liberal agenda.
Bergoglio is less astute. He cannot help but spill the beans as he continually runs off at the mouth before engaging his brain, assuming it still operates. :incense: :party:

TKGS

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 11:38:25 AM »
I think that it is important here to remember precisely what sedevacantism means.  All of those issues you raise describe Catholic.  Sedevacantist means one thing and one thing only:  The recognition that the See of Peter is vacant in spite of the fact that there is a non-Catholic currently appearing to the world as holding the See. 

I don't think the current group of "resignationists" will actually become Catholic when Ratzinger dies and it would only seem consistent if they become sedevacantists.  But what they will actually do isn't something any of them, to my knowledge, has made known. 

2Vermont

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 04:06:53 PM »

So when Ratzinger dies some of the resignationists might become Sedevacantists? Surely they need to disavow Vatican11 and all the concilliar "popes" and become Catholics in order to be Sedevacantist..
Incidentally Ratzinger was/is no different to Bergoglio. He (Ratzinger) employed the cover of seeming orthodoxy (tradition) to cloak his modernist/liberal agenda.
Bergoglio is less astute. He cannot help but spill the beans as he continually runs off at the mouth before engaging his brain, assuming it still operates. :incense: :party:

Whereas some would say that Bergoglio is worse, I think Ratzinger is worse because he fooled/fools so many.

TKGS

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 04:30:47 PM »
Whereas some would say that Bergoglio is worse, I think Ratzinger is worse because he fooled/fools so many.

Ratzinger is the perfect pope for the R&R.  He rejects the traditional Faith--but loves the pageantry.