Author Topic: Grandpa  (Read 391 times)

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
  • Divínum auxílium ✝ máneat semper nobíscum
Grandpa
« on: October 14, 2017, 08:23:08 PM »
Some may recall that I posted a while back about my grandpa.  He's dying-- has been for months.  I've had a priest give him last rites and we've prayed the Litany of the Dying for him on three separate occasions.  It's almost funny, how close he gets without dying.  But now it sounds like it's probably the real thing.  So we're traveling up to see him tomorrow, will pray the litany of the dying for him on (what I suppose will be his literal) deathbed.  Please pray for his soul.  You can call him E.R.
I wear it for a memorable honor,
For I am Welsh, you know, good countryman.

GottmitunsAlex

• Magister Hospitalis Domus Sanctae Mariae Teutonicorum Hierosolymitani
  • TTF Novice
  • Bisch fliche Gnaden,Bischof Franz Justus Rarkowski
    • Youtube
Re: Grandpa
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 08:36:17 PM »
Your Grossvater E.R. will be in our prayers and our intentions tomorrow at Mass Mith.

"As the head of the Church, I cannot answer you otherwise: The Jews have not recognized Our Lord; therefore we cannot recognize the Jewish people." -Pope St. Pius X

"No Jew adores God! Who say so?  The Son of God say so."-St. John Chrysostom

The following users thanked this post: Mithrandylan

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 10:46:47 PM »
Thank you Alex.

Sorry I've been not on the forum much today.  Been travelling and staying with him in hospice. We prayed the Litany of the dying for him at his deathbed. He's ready to go. Still with us (at the moment).  But definitely ready to go.

Interesting anecdote: my grandma (a Lutheran) said that her pastor came to see him the other day and read some scripture prayers. She said the next day, his priest ("Father Tom", I believe) came by for anointing of the sick. She said he read the same scriptures as her pastor did. (I had a traditional priest come to give him proper last rites, btw).

Thank you all for the prayers. I'll be back and posting once we're back home (spending the night up near grandpa).

The following users thanked this post: GottmitunsAlex

Barbara

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 03:41:09 AM »
Your grandpa is in my prayers.

My dad died in a hospice facility a few years ago, and the people there were terrific and a great consolation to my family. Those people do a valuable work of mercy. May God bless them.
Mother of God, pray for us sinners.

2Vermont

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 04:26:09 AM »
It sounds like your grandpa is ready.  What a blessing to know your loved one is Catholic and ready to go. I will pray for him in my daily rosary intentions for the sick and dying.
"Anything, but sedevacantism"

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)

Nick

• In necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus caritas.
  • TTF Novice
  • Memento Mori
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 08:21:29 AM »
May he, and all in attendance, be comforted in this time as he finally leaves this valley of tears.

:pray: 
In paradisum deducant te Angeli; in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres, et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Jerusalem. Chorus angelorum te suscipiat, et cum Lazaro quondam paupere æternam habeas requiem.
 :angel:
"Now when [a pope] is explicitly a heretic, he falls ipso facto from his dignity and out of the Church, and the Church must either deprive him, or, as some say, declare him deprived, of his Apostolic See, and must say as St. Peter did: Let another take his bishopric.".      St. Francis de Sales.

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 11:27:01 AM »
We stopped to see him on the way out of town, hospice nurses think it'll just be a matter of hours, so we're staying put.

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 11:01:09 PM »
Spending another night away from home, grandpa's still with us but I haven no idea why-- everything about him looks dead.  At any rate, sorry for my absence from the forum.  Don't be shy in my absence!  I'll be back and am excited to spend more time online with you guys.  And thank you all very much for your prayers.

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 06:13:49 PM »
Thank you all. He died late last night. We're back home now, though will be travelling again later this week for the funeral.

Nick

• In necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus caritas.
  • TTF Novice
  • Memento Mori
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 07:22:52 PM »
May he R.I.P.
Amen.
"Now when [a pope] is explicitly a heretic, he falls ipso facto from his dignity and out of the Church, and the Church must either deprive him, or, as some say, declare him deprived, of his Apostolic See, and must say as St. Peter did: Let another take his bishopric.".      St. Francis de Sales.