Author Topic: Does A True Pope Infallibly Define God's Truth Or Does A Saint?  (Read 689 times)

Cleves

Re: Does A True Pope Infallibly Define God's Truth Or Does A Saint?
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2018, 09:14:43 PM »
"there is no such thing as the infallibility of the church"

...what? That's stark raving insanity.

The following users thanked this post: Nick, annamack

true catholic

• TTF Novice
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2018, 10:38:20 PM »

There is a consistent commonality among certain peoples.  They make statements without supporting them with facts.  Mere empty opinions of men.  To the unlearned persons, who might read these empty opinions, they could be polluted by these fallacies.  Infallibility is found only on the throne of Peter.

3 Kings 9:5 I will establish the throne of thy kingdom over Israel for ever, as I promised David thy father, saying: There shall not fail a man of thy race upon the throne of Israel.

Luke 22:31-32And the Lord said: Simon, Simon, behold Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: [32] But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not:

The Catholic church is a society of believing members.  All members have different offices.  But only one office is guaranteed the Holy Ghost and that is the office of the Papacy.

Romans 12:4-5  For as in one body we have many members, but all the members have not the same office:  So we being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 10:49:42 PM by true catholic »

Cleves

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2018, 10:55:42 PM »

There is a consistent commonality among certain peoples.  They make statements without supporting them with facts.  Mere empty opinions of men.  To the unlearned persons, who might read these empty opinions, they could be polluted by these fallacies.  Infallibility is found only on the throne of Peter.

3 Kings 9:5 I will establish the throne of thy kingdom over Israel for ever, as I promised David thy father, saying: There shall not fail a man of thy race upon the throne of Israel.

Luke 22:31-32And the Lord said: Simon, Simon, behold Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: [32] But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not:

The Catholic church is a society of believing members.  All members have different offices.  But only one office is guaranteed the Holy Ghost and that is the office of the Papacy.

Romans 12:4-5  For as in one body we have many members, but all the members have not the same office:  So we being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Your arrogance is just stunning. Breathtaking. Like the Sistine Chapel of hot air.

Are you familiar with the infallibility of the ordinary magisterium, or...?

true catholic

• TTF Novice
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2018, 11:15:14 PM »

Your arrogance is just stunning. Breathtaking. Like the Sistine Chapel of hot air.

Are you familiar with the infallibility of the ordinary magisterium, or...?

Of course!  Make a specific point, instead of dancing around the bush.  The arrogance is yours only.  Try to articulate a point with facts, cite facts instead of your own empty opinions.

tmw89

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2018, 11:22:01 PM »
"True catholic" has been banned for posting a link to mhfm content (contra forum rules) and proposing as true Feeneyite garbage, thus demonstrating his forum name is a misnomer and that he does not belong here.

The following users thanked this post: Nctradcath, TKGS, Nick, annamack, Vinny Zee, Cleves

2Vermont

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2018, 06:56:25 AM »
"True catholic" has been banned for posting a link to mhfm content (contra forum rules) and proposing as true Feeneyite garbage, thus demonstrating his forum name is a misnomer and that he does not belong here.

I actually did not realize that no MHFM content was allowed on the forum. I incorrectly assumed that the rules just focused on BOD/BOB (which, if I am remembering correctly, was how similar forum rules read in the past).  Although I am not a fan of the DB's, they do have other things on their site which are valuable and certainly Catholic. Why is the site completely off limits?
"Anything, but sedevacantism"

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)

annamack

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2018, 07:40:46 AM »
While it's nice to have a forum where people can speak freely, thank you for taking action re "True Catholic"'s offensive posts.  It really was needed.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 07:52:46 AM by annamack »

Rubecorks

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2018, 08:03:20 AM »

No warning(s)?

I had a quote that could have turned the tide for that person.

Nctradcath

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2018, 08:50:55 AM »
You should still post the quote as he will probably read it.

Rubecorks

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2018, 02:18:04 PM »
You should still post the quote as he will probably read it.

If she wasn't blocked by IP address.