Author Topic: Hello from Wales  (Read 97 times)

Francis

Hello from Wales
« on: February 06, 2018, 09:06:21 AM »
Hi. everyone. Recommended here by one of your members and having perused a few posts I am looking forward to taking part. I am no theologian or ecclesiologist . I am first and foremost a Roman Catholic (or at least I attempt to so be). Born in the reign of Pius X11 and brought up during the last ten years of his pontificate I consider myself blessed in that certain elements  of the true Faith stuck. Absent as normal during teens and early twenties I returned later in life to what appeared on the surface to be the Catholic Church. After many years of to-ing and fro-ing I finally found my way back to the Catholic Church. I have much to thank the internet for, and more importantly of course ..Deo Gratias.
As stated I am first and foremost a Roman Catholic. I believe the Chair of Peter is vacant, which I have to, being Catholic. That makes me a "Sedevacantist". Not by choice but simply because that is the situation. I did not choose to be a Sedevacantist but have that imposed upon me because I am Roman Catholic.
I live in Wales (near Aberystwyth) and attend the TLM at an independent chapel in Axminster, Devon as and when I can. (roughly once a month). This involve a 4 to 4.5 hour journey each way. Thankfully the resident sisters kindly provide me and the priest (who travels from Plymouth two to three times a month) with a meal after Mass. So attendance at the TLM is an all day venture and a day very well spent.

The following users thanked this post: Mithrandylan, Nick, Troubled Teen, Joe Cupertino, annamack

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
  • Divínum auxílium ✝ máneat semper nobíscum
Re: Hello from Wales
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 09:42:39 AM »
Welcome!  Glad you'll be with us for St. David's day!  And here's a very special video for your intro:

I wear it for a memorable honor,
For I am Welsh, you know, good countryman.

The following users thanked this post: Francis

Mysterium Fidei

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 10:27:54 AM »
Welcome to the forum Francis!

Francis

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 11:14:44 AM »
Welcome!  Glad you'll be with us for St. David's day!  And here's a very special video for your intro:

Thank you for your welcome and the explanation of your avatar.
I am a foreigner to these parts. (born in London) But I have been accepted. I live in a village that once was an hospitality centre, for pilgrims travelling to Sr. Davids, called Ysbyty Ystwyth. If I recall correctly it was administered by St. John's Hospitallers.

Francis

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 11:17:49 AM »
Welcome to the forum Francis!

Thank you for the welcome

2Vermont

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 03:29:56 PM »
Welcome! 
"Anything, but sedevacantism"

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)