Author Topic: What will the Restoration Look Like?  (Read 1902 times)

GottmitunsAlex

• Magister Hospitalis Domus Sanctae Mariae Teutonicorum Hierosolymitani
  • TTF Novice
  • Bisch fliche Gnaden,Bischof Franz Justus Rarkowski
    • Youtube
Re: What will the Restoration Look Like?
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2017, 05:10:22 PM »
A pontiff that in union with all the bishops consecrates Russia to the IHM. When that happens I will know without doubt that the crisis in the Church will end.

I say, just having a pope.

That's definitely the most obvious answer-- what I'm asking is more "how will you know there is one?"  What will make you say "OK, this guy is actually pope?"

The crisis is bad for a lot of reasons.  But one which often gets overlooked is that it has led to the conditioning of the Catholic faithful to be suspicious of those who call themselves pope, bishop, or whatever else.  But when/if there is a pope again, he'll obviously call himself pope.  And we don't really know how to act toward a pope.  We do in theory, of course.  But not in praxis.  That's something we've been deprived of.

A true pope will give no countenance or confirmation to Vatican II and ecumenism. It will be obvious, though not necessarily immediately. Some weeks or months may go by where we are hesitatingly hopeful based on his developing words, acts and omissions.
I am in agreement.
"As the head of the Church, I cannot answer you otherwise: The Jews have not recognized Our Lord; therefore we cannot recognize the Jewish people." -Pope St. Pius X

"No Jew adores God! Who say so?  The Son of God say so."-St. John Chrysostom

Barbara

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2017, 05:34:44 PM »
That's definitely the most obvious answer-- what I'm asking is more "how will you know there is one?"  What will make you say "OK, this guy is actually pope?"

The crisis is bad for a lot of reasons.  But one which often gets overlooked is that it has led to the conditioning of the Catholic faithful to be suspicious of those who call themselves pope, bishop, or whatever else.  But when/if there is a pope again, he'll obviously call himself pope.  And we don't really know how to act toward a pope.  We do in theory, of course.  But not in praxis.  That's something we've been deprived of.

This is my concern as well. We've been so accustomed to "resisting," that  I wonder how well we'll be able to recognize a true pope,  and then obey him when we do.
Mother of God, pray for us sinners.

The following users thanked this post: Lynne

TKGS

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2017, 05:44:56 PM »
I know I would be considered a bad Catholic by some for saying this, but quite honestly I am so done with Fatima.  I am so tired of so many Catholics thinking it is the answer to everything.

You are right.  You and I both are considered bad Catholics by quite a few people, especially by those who worship in the cult of Fr. Gruner.  I think the CMRI has the right attitude on this matter.  Fatima is not the answer to every problem of the Church and the world.  The messages of Fatima that apply to people today are those messages that were given to the seers for how to pray and arrange our lives.  The messages of Fatima that were for the Church have expired.

TKGS

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2017, 05:58:22 PM »

This is my concern as well. We've been so accustomed to "resisting," that  I wonder how well we'll be able to recognize a true pope,  and then obey him when we do.

Quite frankly, until we have a pope who is elected by a group composed of many prelates from many nations and who immediately declares that all acts made by what appeared to be the Church since 1958 to be null and void, I don't think this will be a concern.

Your concern, however, is a good reason for traditional Catholics to dump "resist" from our lexicon.  The only people who are still "resisting" the Conciliar sect are people who have fallen into the corrupt heresies regarding the nature of the Church and the nature of the papacy.  The Conciliar sect must have no more relevance to our Catholicism than the Baptist, Mormon, Jahova's Witness, Muslim, Hindu, or Freemasonic congregations down the street or across town.  They are utterly irrelevant.  The only reason to follow their antics is to be able to adequately refute them when necessary. 

In any event, I don't "resist" Bergoglio any more than I "resist" Bawden. 

The irony is that, based on what I've seen of Bawden (i.e., "Pope Michael"), he is more Catholic than Bergoglio.  But they're both anti-popes.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 06:01:05 PM by TKGS »

2Vermont

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2017, 06:08:09 PM »

Quite frankly, until we have a pope who is elected by a group composed of many prelates from many nations and who immediately declares that all acts made by what appeared to be the Church since 1958 to be null and void, I don't think this will be a concern.

Your concern, however, is a good reason for traditional Catholics to dump "resist" from our lexicon.  The only people who are still "resisting" the Conciliar sect are people who have fallen into the corrupt heresies regarding the nature of the Church and the nature of the papacy.  The Conciliar sect must have no more relevance to our Catholicism than the Baptist, Mormon, Jahova's Witness, Muslim, Hindu, or Freemasonic congregations down the street or across town.  They are utterly irrelevant.  The only reason to follow their antics is to be able to adequately refute them when necessary. 

The irony is that, based on what I've seen of Bawden (i.e., "Pope Michael"), he is more Catholic than Bergoglio.  But they're both anti-popes.

And yet there are self-proclaimed sedevacantists who would refuse to attend a mass una cum Bawden, but see nothing wrong with attending a mass una cum Bergoglio.
"Anything, but sedevacantism"

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)

The following users thanked this post: TKGS, tlm97

tlm97

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2017, 06:22:47 PM »
I am curious to survey people's opinions-- what specific signs would you consider as sufficing to show that the crisis is resolved, or at least, to show that certain  steps/events have been made that a resolution is (naturally) imminent?

If he'd have been allowed I think pope Benedict would have made sure abuses cut down and gradually changed it so tlm became normal form of mass for most catholics. I still think that's how itll happen. These things take time.
It is error to believe that Every man is free to embrace and profess that religion which, guided by the light of reason, he shall consider true.
-Bl. Pope Pius IX

tlm97

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2017, 06:30:08 PM »

And yet there are self-proclaimed sedevacantists who would refuse to attend a mass una cum Bawden, but see nothing wrong with attending a mass una cum Bergoglio.

Lol good point sounds very inconsistent. Sedevacantists should go for broke or give it up. If pope f isn't pope then there has to be a Pope and what's wrong with "pope" micahel? 
It is error to believe that Every man is free to embrace and profess that religion which, guided by the light of reason, he shall consider true.
-Bl. Pope Pius IX

2Vermont

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2017, 06:36:51 PM »
I am curious to survey people's opinions-- what specific signs would you consider as sufficing to show that the crisis is resolved, or at least, to show that certain  steps/events have been made that a resolution is (naturally) imminent?

If he'd have been allowed I think pope Benedict would have made sure abuses cut down and gradually changed it so tlm became normal form of mass for most catholics. I still think that's how itll happen. These things take time.

He was "pope" for 8 years.  He had more than enough time.  What kept him from getting rid of the Novus Ordo Mess rather than equating it with the TLM as two forms of the same rite in his Summorum Pontificum?  The same guys who supposedly forced him to resign?
"Anything, but sedevacantism"

(If you are open to sedevacantism and not a rabid anti-sede, then this is not about you)

Mysterium Fidei

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2017, 06:37:40 PM »
I know I would be considered a bad Catholic by some for saying this, but quite honestly I am so done with Fatima.  I am so tired of so many Catholics thinking it is the answer to everything.

You are right.  You and I both are considered bad Catholics by quite a few people, especially by those who worship in the cult of Fr. Gruner.  I think the CMRI has the right attitude on this matter.  Fatima is not the answer to every problem of the Church and the world.  The messages of Fatima that apply to people today are those messages that were given to the seers for how to pray and arrange our lives.  The messages of Fatima that were for the Church have expired.

I definitely agree with this regarding CMRI. The focus of the Fatima apparitions and the message of Our Lady at this point should be amendment of life, prayer, penance and the daily praying the Rosary. The Gruner cult are blinded because they HAVE to have a Pope to consecrate Russia so they will never acknowledge the obvious fact that Bergoglio is an anti-pope.

The following users thanked this post: Nick

tlm97

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2017, 06:38:02 PM »
Besides if there's no Pope for 60 years how can there be a restoration anyways.
-Bl. Pope Pius IX