Author Topic: Boycott Israel & you won’t get aid donations, Hurricane Harvey victims told  (Read 210 times)

GottmitunsAlex

• Magister Hospitalis Domus Sanctae Mariae Teutonicorum Hierosolymitani
  • TTF Novice
  • Bisch fliche Gnaden,Bischof Franz Justus Rarkowski
    • Youtube

Residents in a Houston suburb will not receive funds donated for Hurricane Harvey relief efforts if they support boycotting Israel, according to a funding application form issued in the wake of the devastating storm.
The city of Dickinson, Texas, told individuals and businesses on Monday that they are now accepting applications for “grants from the fund generously donated to the Dickinson Harvey Relief Fund” for storm damage repair.

In order to apply for the grant, however, applicants must agree to a number of clauses, one of which is asserting that they do not boycott Israel.

“By executing this Agreement below, the Applicant verifies that the Applicant: (1) does not boycott Israel; and (2) will not boycott Israel during the term of this Agreement,” read the application form.

The clause likely stems from a Texas law passed in May that requires all state contractors to certify that they are not participating in boycotts of Israel.

“As Israel’s No. 1 trading partner in the United States, Texas is proud to reaffirm its support for the people of Israel and we will continue to build on our historic partnership... Anti-Israel policies are anti-Texas policies, and we will not tolerate such actions against an important ally," said Governor Greg Abbott at the signing ceremony.

Dickinson is one of the hardest hit towns in the Houston area, according to a September report from KTRK. Some 7,000 homes and 88 businesses were seriously damaged, said the local police department. The small town is home to just 20,000 people.

RT.com has reached out to representatives of the City of Dickinson for comment.

Source:

https://www.rt.com/usa/407324-hurricane-harvey-boycott-israel/
"As the head of the Church, I cannot answer you otherwise: The Jews have not recognized Our Lord; therefore we cannot recognize the Jewish people." -Pope St. Pius X

"No Jew adores God! Who say so?  The Son of God say so."-St. John Chrysostom

Mithrandylan

• Administrator
  • TTF Apprentice
  • Divínum auxílium ✝ máneat semper nobíscum
I see the ACLU is up in arms about this. Probably one of the very few times one could agree with them.
I wear it for a memorable honor,
For I am Welsh, you know, good countryman.

The following users thanked this post: 2Vermont

GottmitunsAlex

• Magister Hospitalis Domus Sanctae Mariae Teutonicorum Hierosolymitani
  • TTF Novice
  • Bisch fliche Gnaden,Bischof Franz Justus Rarkowski
    • Youtube
I see the ACLU is up in arms about this. Probably one of the very few times one could agree with them.
Correct. Broken clocks and the rest of it...

"As the head of the Church, I cannot answer you otherwise: The Jews have not recognized Our Lord; therefore we cannot recognize the Jewish people." -Pope St. Pius X

"No Jew adores God! Who say so?  The Son of God say so."-St. John Chrysostom

The following users thanked this post: Mithrandylan, Nick

TKGS

What organization collected all these funds and were donors informed (even in the fine print) that distribution of their donations would contain such conditions? 

Such craziness is why I don't donate to secular organizations.  Now if I knew of traditional Catholic church in the area affiliated with a group I trust, I might donate to them, but never to these secular organizations.  I wouldn't be surprised if some of these organizations prioritize helping to re-build abortuaries.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 08:28:13 AM by TKGS »

Callixtus

What organization collected all these funds and were donors informed (even in the fine print) that distribution of their donations would contain such conditions? 

Such craziness is why I don't donate to secular organizations.  Now if I knew of traditional Catholic church in the area affiliated with a group I trust, I might donate to them, but never to these secular organizations.  I wouldn't be surprised if some of these organizations prioritize helping to re-build abortuaries.

Read an article with more detail at the BBC, it's the city of Dickinson.  It's actually a local law there (perhaps statewide?) that regulates entities and persons according to a non-boycott of Israel.  The dangers of evangelicalism and their close relationship with Israel.

The following users thanked this post: tlm97, Nick

ClemensMaria

While I agree that this stipulation is distasteful, these people need money and the people who have money to give are in the driver's seat.  Beggars can't be choosers.  What if I have a ton of money and I only want to give to people who agree not to persecute traditional Catholics.  Am I a bad guy? I guess it depends on the motivation for making the stipulation and on whether it is for the common good and is pleasing to God.  I would rather allow this kind of thing even in cases where the motivation is objectionable than to have the government be authorized to police what individuals or organizations can require of the recipients of charity.  An obvious case would be an agreement that the recipient not use the funds to procure an abortion.

true catholic

• TTF Novice
While I agree that this stipulation is distasteful, these people need money and the people who have money to give are in the driver's seat.  Beggars can't be choosers.  What if I have a ton of money and I only want to give to people who agree not to persecute traditional Catholics.  Am I a bad guy? I guess it depends on the motivation for making the stipulation and on whether it is for the common good and is pleasing to God.  I would rather allow this kind of thing even in cases where the motivation is objectionable than to have the government be authorized to police what individuals or organizations can require of the recipients of charity.  An obvious case would be an agreement that the recipient not use the funds to procure an abortion.

The point is America is a sovereign country and those in this country cannot be forced to support a foreign country in order to receive disaster funds.  These people are coerced into giving up there rights in order to receive funds from the Israeli dominated "United States".  This is a violation of the first amendment of the U.S. Constitution i.e. free speech. 

But then again, it should tell people who is in complete control of this country, its Israel.  The various symbolisms and insignias of the "United States" clearly demonstrates this truth.