Author Topic: Ben Shapiro?  (Read 691 times)

OmegaTrad

Re: Ben Shapiro?
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2017, 04:53:33 PM »
I thought this (though very brief) was a fair assessment of higher education:

TKGS

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2017, 05:58:40 PM »
I thought this (though very brief) was a fair assessment of higher education:

Agree.  This is a fair assessment. 

When he talked about "income inequality", I note that none of these liberals complain about the unequal income of sports and movie stars.  They only have a problem with people who actually do something productive.

When Antisemites Attack!

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2017, 07:22:53 AM »
Ben is quite bold (for such a little guy) and he's good on several issues, but he has a grating nasal voice, and then there's the fact that Jews never have and never will fit into Gentile societies. Outsider status colors all of their politics. Their conservatism is legalistic/propositional (when it isn't insincere) and does not come from love of the people or the homeland.

Can he be trusted though?

I said he's good on several issues, but fundamentally he's a Jew with a Jew's mindset. I'm not sure what else you want from me. If you're asking whether I think he's a fake or a shill, I would say probably not.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 08:27:49 AM by When Antisemites Attack! »

The following users thanked this post: OmegaTrad

OmegaTrad

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2017, 10:23:09 AM »
Ben is quite bold (for such a little guy) and he's good on several issues, but he has a grating nasal voice, and then there's the fact that Jews never have and never will fit into Gentile societies. Outsider status colors all of their politics. Their conservatism is legalistic/propositional (when it isn't insincere) and does not come from love of the people or the homeland.

Can he be trusted though?

I said he's good on several issues, but fundamentally he's a Jew with a Jew's mindset. I'm not sure what else you want from me. If you're asking whether I think he's a fake or a shill, I would say probably not.

This sounds right.  I don't think he's a shill.  He seems too genuine and too non-partisan to be a shill.  Doesn't really have a pet issue except for a decently strong sense of morality (which IMO is pretty traditional, though not perfectly).

Matto

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2017, 12:21:15 PM »
I just heard about this Ben Shapiro guy on this thread for the first time. And right after that on an Ann Barnhardt podcast he was recommended as a better alternative to Milo Yiannopoulos.

OmegaTrad

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2017, 01:21:34 PM »
Milo is too much of a paradox, I can't really take him as genuine, even if he says the right things.

TKGS

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2017, 01:51:49 PM »
All I know about Milo Yiannopoulos is that he's always described as a "gay conservative".  To me, that means he is a fiscal conservative and a social liberal for no one who considers himself "gay" is a conservative.

But the fact that Ann Barnhardt recommends Ben Shapiro is enough for me to stay very far away from him.

The following users thanked this post: When Antisemites Attack!

MyrnaM

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2017, 10:29:31 PM »
I listen to him every chance I get, I enjoy him and just wish he wouldn't talk so fast. 
Myforever.blog/blog

GottmitunsAlex

• Magister Hospitalis Domus Sanctae Mariae Teutonicorum Hierosolymitani
  • TTF Novice
  • Bisch fliche Gnaden,Bischof Franz Justus Rarkowski
    • Youtube
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2017, 10:37:50 PM »

« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 10:41:58 PM by GottmitunsAlex »
"As the head of the Church, I cannot answer you otherwise: The Jews have not recognized Our Lord; therefore we cannot recognize the Jewish people." -Pope St. Pius X

"No Jew adores God! Who say so?  The Son of God say so."-St. John Chrysostom

tlm97

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2017, 11:45:59 PM »
That's what I was afraid of
It is error to believe that Every man is free to embrace and profess that religion which, guided by the light of reason, he shall consider true.
-Bl. Pope Pius IX